2018 Blue Stars

A little birdie that has been known to consume large quantities of truth serum has told me in Birdspeak that the Blue Stars had very productive audition camps, and are in excellent shape to go into the 2018 season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dcibrando said:

I just hope they have similar drill design as last year... one my favorites of the year - they were running all over the place

Kevin Ford is indeed back, if I’m not mistaken.

• Like 1

I have a weak spot for the Carpenters. It started in the early 90’s when they became the ironic, meme amongst the proto-hipster set. I got the Wish I were a Carpenter 7” box set with the awesome covers by Red Kross and Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth also had their tribute song to Karen ‘Disappear’, so I got a 2 CD best of by them and the sadness and wackiness got me hooked, plus it creeped my friends out so even better

Needless to say, I’m very intrigued by the idea of this show

If you are unaware, you need to read about the song “Calling all Occupants of Interplanetary Craft”

the story behind Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Corona 2006 (I am sure this will give some clues about Blue Stars 2018 show)

Edited by DCI-86

43 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Corona 2006 (I am sure this will give some clues about Blue Stars 2018 show)

So the Blue Stars show is going to be another production that was already done by a winter guard? 

Edited by corps8294

Michael Shapiro has often tried out ideas in winter and then elaborated them in summer.  e.g. Blue Stars 'Where the heart is..' show was done by Mayflower Winterguard in 2013.  Corona 2006 was a Shapiro production, as will be Blue Stars in 2018.

6 hours ago, corps8294 said:

So the Blue Stars show is going to be another production that was already done by a winter guard? 

most drum corps shows are nowadays....drumcorps fans who don't follow winterguard would never know any different. I still love that Crown's famous 'Endings' show (Finis) was done by St. Ann's winterguard the year before! ;-)

No worries though...Michael Shapiro is a genius!

PS...both of his world winterguards (CGT Dallas and West Broward HS) won fan favorite at WGI this year.

If you want to see a fan-friendly, very approachable show for someone not familiar with winterguard, the west broward show this year was outstanding. check it out. it's full of shaprio awesomness. 

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, jjeffeory said:

Someone wanted a carpenter's show. Here you go.

Honestly, it could be good. Lots of melody.

Go Blue Stars!

So, is this the house they moved into in 2014? You know, that's "Where the Heart is", right?

I am still waiting for the break-up show ... where they fight for custody of the old Blue Star uniform.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

A little birdie that has been known to consume large quantities of truth serum has told me in Birdspeak that the Blue Stars had very productive audition camps, and are in excellent shape to go into the 2018 season.

Brasso's Blue Stars birdspeak betokens brassy brilliance.