2018 Blue Stars

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Sawhorses bottom right

33677118_10160348266940103_2900639840192

Last years writing tables tricked out with shelves?

I am getting a sense of 2014 here. Maybe another high placement for color guard? The judges really seem to dig guard involvement as a big focus of a show and not just auxiliary filler. 

With the theme of carpentry, I really hope they get into the geometry of it and really exploit some of the great ideas this theme can bring. 

Twirling 2x4s is one thing, but I hope they really fill this program out, beginning to end. It could be another 11th place finish or it can be as high as 6th, dare I suggest. A lot of that will have to do with design. Boston didn't go from barely 12th to 6th place on execution alone. 

Can't wait to see it!

Just got back to the hotel after attending ensemble rehearsal this evening (actually last night).  Almost 5 minutes of show on the field and I really, really, really like it.  Not going to make any outlandish predictions about how it will place ... but its a fun show.  I like what they've done with "We've Only Just Begun" ... the big hit at the end of part 1 is so good.  Can't wait to see the rest of it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Just got back to the hotel after attending ensemble rehearsal this evening (actually last night).  Almost 5 minutes of show on the field and I really, really, really like it.  Not going to make any outlandish predictions about how it will place ... but its a fun show.  I like what they've done with "We've Only Just Begun" ... the big hit at the end of part 1 is so good.  Can't wait to see the rest of it.

There are days, we all have them, when a "Feel Good" show or moment is just what the doctor said we needed in today's culture. Looking forward to it.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, KVG_DC said:

Last years writing tables tricked out with shelves?

Do corps lease or buy this type of prop?  They probably have another 12-16 ready to roll.

1 hour ago, bicsta said:

I've noticed on the daily schedules that the evenings usually have a "building" or "tool time"  hour.  Any insight into what that is all about?

Image result for tool time meme

Edited by xandandl

4 hours ago, bicsta said:

I've noticed on the daily schedules that the evenings usually have a "building" or "tool time"  hour.  Any insight into what that is all about?

Forest City, the Blue Stars’ spring training site, has a sound ordinance beginning at 9. To stay productive the 9-10 block is usually an “option block”, rehearsal time that has to stay quiet. When I marched we used this time to learn visuals, learn prop stuff, stretch, clean horns, uniform stuff, etc. Having seen Option Block on the board this season, I bet the staff is having fun with the names this year. 

Edited by FCO-Euph
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1