Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

On 8/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, yogitom said:

I suspect that there is some confusion when you go to cancel your Flomarching account. As has been stated here many time before, it was EXTREMELY clear that the subscription would renew automatically each month if you didn't cancel. If you were not aware of that, you just simply didn't pay attention. As for the cancelling itself, that may be confusing. When you access your account and go the the subscriptions portion there is a link to cancel your subscription. When  you click that link a dialog box appears with 2 buttons. The first one says "cancel" and the second says" Yes I want to cancel my subscription". I guarantee some folks thought the "cancel" button canceled their subscription, but it did not. It canceled the request to cancel the subscription. Hope this helps.

Yep -- unfortunate choice of words in the UI.  I agree most folks didn't read closely enough and cancelled the page, not their subscription.

Maybe a bettter solution would have been 2 buttons:

Yes -- Cancel my subscription

No -- I changed my mind. DO NOT cancel my subscription

I was not given any notice that my subscription would expire. I knew that and requested that my subscription be canceled immediately after Finals. I made this request by email. They responded that someone would take care of it. I notified Flo on 8/13. They charged me again on 8/19. 

I contacted my bank and notified them that I would not pay this charge. My bank gave me Flo's phone number and suggested that I contact them and resolve this by contacting Flo by phone, which I did. Someone from Flo called me and told me that I did not follow the proper procedure to cancel. I told them that I read their FAQ and followed the instructions that I found there.

I was told by Flo that they would not remove the charge, and I should resolve the issue through my bank. 

I realize that in the future I will not be allowed to subscribe to Flo. But their video coverage was terrible. I didn't see a complete Blue Devils show until semis and finals. I was either without sound or the video resolution jumped all over the place. It was pitiful. 

I subscribe to live music streaming services frequently and have never had a problem. So I question that my reception is not capable of receiving a high quality production. While I was polite to Flo when talking to them, they talked to me like "tough luck". So goes the Flo.

2 minutes ago, blairSCV said:

I was not given any notice that my subscription would expire. I knew that and requested that my subscription be canceled immediately after Finals. I made this request by email. They responded that someone would take care of it. I notified Flo on 8/13. They charged me again on 8/19. 

I contacted my bank and notified them that I would not pay this charge. My bank gave me Flo's phone number and suggested that I contact them and resolve this by contacting Flo by phone, which I did. Someone from Flo called me and told me that I did not follow the proper procedure to cancel. I told them that I read their FAQ and followed the instructions that I found there.

I was told by Flo that they would not remove the charge, and I should resolve the issue through my bank. 

I realize that in the future I will not be allowed to subscribe to Flo. But their video coverage was terrible. I didn't see a complete Blue Devils show until semis and finals. I was either without sound or the video resolution jumped all over the place. It was pitiful. 

I subscribe to live music streaming services frequently and have never had a problem. So I question that my reception is not capable of receiving a high quality production. While I was polite to Flo when talking to them, they talked to me like "tough luck". So goes the Flo.

Oh I'm thinking they'd take your money again if you decide to re subscribe. 

25 minutes ago, blairSCV said:

caveat emptor

besides they received an F from the better business bureau... https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/internet-services/flosports-inc-in-austin-tx-1000108975

out of 64 complaints...42 of them are billing/collection issues

I'll just add to this...

PATTERN OF COMPLAINT

Based on BBB files, FloSports Inc. has a pattern of disputes alleging product and billing issues. Specifically, consumers report paying in advance for live streaming of sporting events but that technical issues prevent them from watching the event. Further, consumers allege difficulty contacting the business to obtain refunds.

Edited by Liahona
added info
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

caveat emptor

besides they received an F from the better business bureau... https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/internet-services/flosports-inc-in-austin-tx-1000108975

out of 64 complaints...42 of them are billing/collection issues

That's terrible.  I would think this kind of customer dissatisfaction would be a concern for DCI. And the other organizations for that matter. 

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That's terrible.  I would think this kind of customer dissatisfaction would be a concern for DCI. And the other organizations for that matter. 

Absolutely agree.

• Like 1

I get the feeling BloMarching choice was a middle finger from DCI from all the complaints they received before.  lol

Their agreement states they are not responsible if the event doesn't work and just the fact that they have the "just cancel my account" button speaks volumes.

I no longer have to follow drum corps and if I do it's going to be a total pirate middle finger back!

On 8/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, yogitom said:

I suspect that there is some confusion when you go to cancel your Flomarching account. As has been stated here many time before, it was EXTREMELY clear that the subscription would renew automatically each month if you didn't cancel. If you were not aware of that, you just simply didn't pay attention. As for the cancelling itself, that may be confusing. When you access your account and go the the subscriptions portion there is a link to cancel your subscription. When  you click that link a dialog box appears with 2 buttons. The first one says "cancel" and the second says" Yes I want to cancel my subscription". I guarantee some folks thought the "cancel" button canceled their subscription, but it did not. It canceled the request to cancel the subscription. Hope this helps.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Edited by cixelsyd
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

my hunch is DCi doesnt have a lot of other options minus taking it back over and having all of the associated costs.

Honestly, in the issues I have had with Flo, the easiest way to get their attention is to complain loudly on their facebook page

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch is DCi doesnt have a lot of other options minus taking it back over and having all of the associated costs.

Honestly, in the issues I have had with Flo, the easiest way to get their attention is to complain loudly on their facebook page

I've hardly had problems at all.  A few small glitches.  No problem at all with billing.  

But you're right....probably the best of a lot of bad options.