Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, burdettsky said:

I am still befuddled by the comment of maybe if we started in November like everyone else.  Last I checked we started in November like everyone else, so.....

Consider the source. Then you won't lose any sleep.  :tongue:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I have to be careful here, because I am a Kidsgrove alumnus and I am marching next year... this is MY opinion only and I do NOT speak for the organisation... but.... Is the contest not called the

For my two cents (if my opinion is actually worth that much), I just hope that no corps participant )be they performers, administrators, designers, or teaching staff) ever think about "if so-and-so is

Great job C2 and the two members of the band I teach!

6 hours ago, camel lips said:

You do realize that the people posting on Social Media are doing so because they don't feel the pressure of the bully mentality here  and the ever present hints of banishment?? 

There are plenty of people on Social Media that have a clue that won't waste a keystroke on this place but contribute their thoughts never the less. I don't see you chiming in alot over there because you don't have your protection. 

 

Do tell.  How does this work?  I'm truly and sincerely interested.  Might explain some statistics I read on this site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burdettsky said:

Still waiting for said proof in private message.

I made the statement that if the kidsgrove scouts didn't come over, we would've made finals.

but you know what, they did come over, and we weren't, and they made it fair and square.  Oh well, what could you do?

I am still befuddled by the comment of maybe if we started in November like everyone else.  Last I checked we started in November like everyone else, so.....

What does it matter when you start? If people want to make a big deal of that then CV should be light years ahead being from the South and having the ability to do drill and such when the NE corps are diggin outta the snow.

So I don't buy anything about when you "start" your season either.

Edited by ErieSopMike
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burdettsky said:

Still waiting for said proof in private message.

I made the statement that if the kidsgrove scouts didn't come over, we would've made finals.

but you know what, they did come over, and we weren't, and they made it fair and square.  Oh well, what could you do?

I am still befuddled by the comment of maybe if we started in November like everyone else.  Last I checked we started in November like everyone else, so.....

different calendar. Mayan? Incan? Navajo?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thanks! As I said, this is news to me. And I think news to other people. (See the post I quoted, which attributed CT's seeding to having "no scores from a DCA-sanctioned event".)

Has it always been this way? It seems to me that on one or more occasions in the past, Renegades went to some expense to bring in DCA judges to the west coast so that the corps could have a stronger score for championship seeding. Am I wrong to have believed this to be the case?

That may be because the last show in California is typically mid-July.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1)  A corps needs a score from a DCA sanctioned show to be seeded in performance order at the championship prelims.  A score from a DCI show, carries no weight.  It's clearly explained in the DCA Rulebook.

2)  CT has tried to host a DCA sanctioned show in the past, but the only DCA corps that would commit to traveling to Cincinnati in support of a show were the Kilts.  At that time 3 corps were required to have a DCA sanctioned show.

3)  DCA is specifically chartered as an organization for "North American" corps.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bill said:

1)  A corps needs a score from a DCA sanctioned show to be seeded in performance order at the championship prelims.  A score from a DCI show, carries no weight.  It's clearly explained in the DCA Rulebook.

2)  CT has tried to host a DCA sanctioned show in the past, but the only DCA corps that would commit to traveling to Cincinnati in support of a show were the Kilts.  At that time 3 corps were required to have a DCA sanctioned show.

3)  DCA is specifically chartered as an organization for "North American" corps.

 

North American corps eliminated from finals competitive performance by inclusion of none North American corps (into the finals competitive line-up):  Sky--3 times (including 2017), Carolina Gold--2 times, Bush--1 time, Kilties--1 time.

Edited by bill
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

While I liked Erie Thunderbirds' show a lot, I don't actually know what they were playing.

It's not on DCX (formerly Corpsreps) and it wasn't in the program book, I think.

Does anyone know?

"Undaunted" - Music by Michael Giacchino
Tragic Story of Rex Racer
Grand Ol Prix
True Heart of Racing
Let Us Drink Milk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bill said:

North American corps eliminated from finals competitive performance by inclusion of none North American corps (into the finals competitive line-up):  Sky--3 times (including 2017), Carolina Gold--2 times, Bush--1 time, Kilties--1 time.

But the voting membership is the top 10 scoring North American corps from prelims, right?

That voting membership is huge... even if it's for a corps that misses Open finals, like I believe was the case with Skyliners this year.  (Didn't make finals, but was one of the top 10 scoring North American corps, since no Class A corps outscored them.) And they still had the opportunity to perform Sunday night, in exhibition.  Quite honestly, in a better time slot (at the end of the evening, with a larger crowd in the seats) than where they would have performed had they placed 10th at prelims.

Again, I don't see the problem with a corps from outside North America traveling to DCA championships and making finals.

Around and around we go.  LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bill said:

1)  A corps needs a score from a DCA sanctioned show to be seeded in performance order at the championship prelims.  A score from a DCI show carries no weight.  It's clearly explained in the DCA Rulebook.

OK, that's how I understood it. (But I've never seen said rule book.) Yet Jim said that CT was seeded based on their DCI score at Dublin rather than on having no DCA score. Jim?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.