The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just now, MikeD said:

I did not read it as defending the offender, so to speak. I read it more as Bill seeing this as a shameful past incident that might have an impact on current supporters, by bringing it back up at that point in time. Whether or not that thought is good or bad is open to debate, but I don't see him defending the guy who was convicted.

He also stated the BOD bears part of the responsibility, which is what people here have been stating all along ab out the YEA board.

It is ironic for sure, given where he served as a BOD member.

That being said, those of us that have been here since the beginning, and other previous outlets like RAMD, have interacted with Bill enough to put it into context with a larger pattern of behavior. He was absolutely about circling the wagons and shielding YEA from outsiders. Ironic statements and talking himself into a corner weren't exactly uncommon behaviors.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, OldBones said:

According to DCI policy, they must go through a full evaluation as if they are a new corps coming into DCI. My corps, Raiders, went through this last year because our board resigned and we had a new administration in place. DCI needed to make sure all aspects of our organization was strong not just the drum corps. Accordingly, they must have 1 member from the old board stay on. This was told to us by DCI. We went through the evaluation and passed.

Does DCI hold YEA to the same standards? Lets see.

I may be reading too much into the latest YEA board statement, but this looks like a board selected by DCI and overseen by DCI.  There clearly is not a holdover member on the interim board.

32 minutes ago, MelloMatt said:

I'm definitely liking the fact that Ben Regalado is on the board. Good man, in my experiences with him.

I absolutely agree. Ben is top notch.  This is good news for YEA. 

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

For some reason, this keeps going through my head:

Go on now, go, walk out the door
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give and I'll survive
I will survive

Funny, the band I have been working with did an anti-bullying show two years ago that included "Sounds of Silence". For our percussion feature I used "I will Survive".

Just now, Fran Haring said:

I absolutely agree. Ben is top notch.  This is good news for YEA. 

I do have issues with the guy from Tresona, but that's nothing to do with moral character, more to do with my issues about everything that company has done to create issues for DCI and BOA (still don't have the option to buy a recording of my senior year marching band show because of them).

I have been told I have a flair for the obvious.

I think we are seeing just how much the organization was crippled by Hop. 

I'm sure they'll proceed eventually working through a financial review/audit.  

Behaviors such as complete control, lack of separation of duties, never taking vacations, are all markers for possible fraud/embezzlement.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

That being said, those of us that have been here since the beginning, and other previous outlets like RAMD, have interacted with Bill enough to put it into context with a larger pattern of behavior. He was absolutely about circling the wagons and shielding YEA from outsiders. Ironic statements and talking himself into a corner weren't exactly uncommon behaviors.

Thank you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, c mor said:

never taking vacations, are all markers for possible fraud/embezzlement.

Reason why bank employees have to take a week off according to a few I’ve spoken to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reason why bank employees have to take a week off according to a few I’ve spoken to

A required vacation??? Man... I need to get a job with a bank!!! :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

A required vacation??? Man... I need to get a job with a bank!!! :tongue:

Lol and your entry level job is reading the newspapers first thing in the morning. Seriously you scan to obituaries to see if any customers have passed away so you can flag the accounts and safe deposit boxes. Source sister and in law of an in law

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2