The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO he did. We can do this all day if you want. 

The Calif Dept of Teacher Registration and Licensing certainly disagrees with anyone out there that still harbors any thoughts that this guy did not violate a sacred trust around youth. We have their very actions themselves on whether or not this guy violated that trust in their judgment and is deemed fit to return to the public schools in the progressive state of California. Maybe they should have consulted garfield and  a handful of others here on DCP first Jim before they revoked this guy's license. The State of California could have talked to George Hopkins too re. this guys fitness to work in a youth activity like DCI Drum Corps. Hopkins did vouch for the guy, then put out a press release defending the full and  apparently vigorous background check George Hopkins did on the guy. Hop said the guy last year checked off all of Hop's boxes he had for the guy by passing legal muster.   So at least the defenders of this hire by George have that going for them too in defense of GH's hiring/ retention of this guy in DCI Drum Corps.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

BigW make fun of my age and I’ll smack you with my cane lol. Well Westshore had to get the warm bodies in order to get back on the field and age be ######. But huge scarey thoughts on underage drinking and if little Johnny and Susie get busy while with the corps and make a kid. Rode with two board members that first year and heard some wild conversations at age 16. Red Carpet Association corps had lot of youth to be able to be on the field too.

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

BigW make fun of my age and I’ll smack you with my cane lol. Well Westshore had to get the warm bodies in order to get back on the field and age be ######. But huge scarey thoughts on underage drinking and if little Johnny and Susie get busy while with the corps and make a kid. Rode with two board members that first year and heard some wild conversations at age 16. Red Carpet Association corps had lot of youth to be able to be on the field too.

I'd be the pot calling the kettle black if I did. :satisfied:

Yeah we did grow up fast, but for the large part, we all turned out okay.

7 minutes ago, BigW said:

I'd be the pot calling the kettle black if I did. :satisfied:

Yeah we did grow up fast, but for the large part, we all turned out okay.

Always said being in a Sr was a great experience as got used to working with people of all different types and getting to know them as human beings. Lol different types and just different.... when I’m around people of different age, background, experience, social economic, etc never think of it

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a little interesting to sit back and watch the mob response to some of these important topics. As illustrated in the 2017 Boston Crusaders program, trial by mob is never a “best practice”

I am also drawn to Kanye’s recent comments about mob think and the left silencing/shutting down opposing viewpoints. 

A lot of both suddenly going on in this thread imo 

Nothing in this thread in the slightest degree fits the definition of a mob.  Making statements like this George is an exaggeration contrary to truth.  Bizarrely people tend to be more popular people on DCP with their persistent rants to defend predators.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Nothing in this thread in the slightest degree fits the definition of a mob.  Making statements like this George is an exaggeration contrary to truth.    

Of course not too. Jim Consider the source here on this  silly and ridiculous exaggerrated caricature that there is somehow a " mob mentality " present here on DCP with this thread and its resultant discussion. Just who is being the victim of a " mob mentality "? I don't such a " mob mentality " present. Who is the supposed victim of such too ? And who is George Dixon referring too here that he claims wants to stifle others opinions on this thread ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Nothing in this thread in the slightest degree fits the definition of a mob.  Making statements like this George is an exaggeration contrary to truth.  Bizarrely people tend to be more popular people on DCP with their persistent rants to defend predators.  

There's a difference between mob mentality and a majority of people disagreeing with an opinion. If you think 2+2=5 don't be suprised when you get called out on it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Who, EXACTLY, is here defending predators?  Please provide names so we all know.  I might have missed a few posts, but I haven't seen anyone here defending predators.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Of course not too. Jim Consider the source here on this  silly and ridiculous exaggerrated caricature that there is somehow a " mob mentality " present here on DCP with this thread and its resultant discussion. Just who is being the victim of a " mob mentality "? I don't such a " mob mentality " present. Who is the supposed victim of such too ? And who is George Dixon referring too here that he claims wants to stifle others opinions on this thread ?

interesting choice of words sometimes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Who, EXACTLY, is here defending predators?  Please provide names so we all know.  I might have missed a few posts, but I haven't seen anyone here defending predators.

I can’t assist you with your confusion or whatever you haven’t been able to comprehend. You’re on your own. However if we ever see each other at a show let’s pretend we don’t know each other. 

Edited by Jim Schehr