The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

15 minutes ago, E3D said:

Can't believe someone would prop up / stand up for / support anyone who placed a camera that video taped children changing. Period. 

Yeah, but DID he actually tape children changing?  Was there videotape found with naked children on it?  I honestly don't know, I'm just asking.  It seems like many facts are not known, but are being assumed.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Generally, people assume Hoppy is going to slink away and it’s a done deal. Guilty. Depending on if and what charges come , I’d expect him to fight back. Could be very ugly and could go against the court of DCP opinion and it will be the law.

This side show issue that was tried in court really detracts from the current issue. A lot of people are undermining their own outrage 

Yeah you are right. It is probably all made up to make him look bad. Then he can come back and have some more Computer time. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

As soon as these bandcorps begin playing their instruments, singing, spinning, posing, dancing and running around the field, this topic will be pushed aside and be for the most part ignored. 

Although...what if my fear comes true which is the corps will be  protested and boo'd  at shows 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Generally, people assume Hoppy is going to slink away and it’s a done deal. Guilty. Depending on if and what charges come , I’d expect him to fight back. Could be very ugly and could go against the court of DCP opinion and it will be the law.

This side show issue that was tried in court really detracts from the current issue. A lot of people are undermining their own outrage 

Not knowing what GH contract was with YEA and/or if he had some severance pay clause, but it wouldn't surprise me if he brought a suit on the basis that he was fired without due process to defend the allegations. Perhaps a leave of absence was more fitting until litigation took its course, if at all. I'm not sure he can sue for defamation even if they made a statement that can be proved false.

Agree that the side show case you speak of is over and doubt the individual will ever be hired to teach in the activity again, but stranger things have happen before. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

2 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Not knowing what GH contract was with YEA and/or if he had some severance pay clause, but it wouldn't surprise me if he brought a suit on the basis that he was fired without due process to defend the allegations. Perhaps a leave of absence was more fitting until litigation took its course, if at all. He cannot sue for defamation even if they made a statement that can be proved false.

Agree that the side show case you speak of is over and doubt the individual will ever be hired to teach in the activity again, but stranger things have happen before.  

and has

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Yeah, but DID he actually tape children changing?  Was there videotape found with naked children on it?  I honestly don't know, I'm just asking.  It seems like many facts are not known, but are being assumed.

Assumed intent is apparently a damnable crime.

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Was the DCI board meeting still in progress when she called?  Is that why Acheson did not take the call right that minute?

I don't get the impression from Nadolny's tweet that she expected Acheson to be available to talk immediately: rather, it read to me as if she asked to schedule an interview, and he said no, and that he would only respond to written questions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Are you surprised minors in Sr/All Age corps? Have had them for decades and wonder if any DCA corps doesn’t have them today.

I'm certain every DCA corps has members under 18, otherwise many of them if not all wouldn't have enough personnel to take the field, Jim.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

I'm certain every DCA corps has members under 18, otherwise many of them if not all wouldn't have enough personnel to take the field, Jim.

Would be surprised if any are all over 18 or 21 but thought there was one due to legal reasons. Mid to late 70s think Cabs and Sky were the only real all over 21 corps due to getting enough age outs. Buccs had a few in the horn line as they were behind me at CD.

Edited by JimF-LowBari