The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I find it pretty much impossible to believe that this former school teacher did not know that it is impermissable to utilize a portable camcorder to secretly videotape a female student in an area of the school that is often utilized for changing attire and where there is the presumed expectation by students, parents, school officials alike, of student attire changing to be done in privacy .... and free from the prying eyes of a portable camcorder hidden purposely behind stationed boxes so as to avert detection by the potential female victims.

" Perhaps he did not know the law ". ?  No. I don't so, Tim K. . Besides, that was not his defense at trial either. He denied he ever did what he was arrested and prosecuted for. He never claimed " Ignorance of the Law ". He denied the charges. He claimed he did not do what he was charged with ( But the Jury thought otherwise, with their conviction verdict return. )

I am not disagreeing with people who do not think this man should have been given a second chance, quite the opposite. My comments are  for those who are claiming that since he was not found guilty on more serious charges, he should be given a second chance at a similar job. There are enough reasons at a minimum to question his judgment and reasons why he should not work with minors. I also do not recall saying or implying “ignorance of the law.” Ideal teachers are lifelong learners, have probably had to sit through school law seminars, and if they have not, great resources are available on line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok on different policies but haven’t seen if school know about the camera or agreed. Or legalities of posting signs saying camera is in use. This could by school policy or local/state law.  Like I said this one is new to me. Know Uncle Sam has those signs all over where I work but haven’t found the cameras yet unless they want to be ready just in case

Im actually trying to remember if I saw a sign saying being video taped . I actually don't remember seeing a sign with a few but do remember at 1 school a few signs up in general areas saying it BUT not all over .

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

An adult in a position of auhority that knowingly violates their sacred trust with a minor ... even once.... is not merely engaged in just an " incident " either. Its much more than that, imo. It reveals a major character flaw with such an individual. it asks us to consider if he has done these despicable things before, but was simply not caught. Its not inconceivable. A serious breech of trust such as this can manifest itself in other ways too around people... adults included. It portends that this guy can not be trusted. Recall, he denied the charges altogether. He made the prosecution have to take his denial of any illegal acts to a Jury Trial. Such an individual is fundamentally untrustworthy, imo. He does not get a " Second chance ", imo. Not in school settings, nor around Youth.

Noted. 

The facts are not as you present, IMO.  He did not knowingly violate a sacred trust.

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

Noted. 

The facts are not as you present, IMO.  He did not knowingly violate a sacred trust.

IYO... if I was a parent there I’d  want to know a lot more than what has been discussed here

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Can we just shut down this toxic, godforsaken website yet? Or at least this topic? Let the new updates get a new thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

Didn't need to solicit support - you did that for me.

And don't delude yourself into believing you know my position because you haven't asked.

I'm going to insist that facts not be embellished to support a personal opinion, that's all.  (EDIT: Sorry, I'm not contending YOU are embellishing - it's a general statement on my part.)

This subject aside, there are those here who are notorious for this. When proven wrong they usually don't respond they just go away for a few days then same ole same ole.

As soon as these bandcorps begin playing their instruments, singing, spinning, posing, dancing and running around the field, this topic will be pushed aside and be for the most part ignored. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

As soon as these bandcorps begin playing their instruments, singing, spinning, posing, dancing and running around the field, this topic will be pushed aside and be for the most part ignored. 

Mostly.  But, some may find difficulty putting the genie back in the bottle.

10 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

that's for sure,  It's how people get through. Although challenged on that yesterday.

I know I will get killed for this one ( who cares ) by those who sit behind a computer just waiting for their solutions and opinions to find an issue ( regardless of fact ) SO as to your statement, I think you're right. Drum Corps people once it all starts like you say will move on except for maybe a few. MANY, tend to have the attention span of a gnat.:help:

of course, then the opposite in the extreme for a few

Edited by GUARDLING

Generally, people assume Hoppy is going to slink away and it’s a done deal. Guilty. Depending on if and what charges come , I’d expect him to fight back. Could be very ugly and could go against the court of DCP opinion and it will be the law.

This side show issue that was tried in court really detracts from the current issue. A lot of people are undermining their own outrage 

• Like 2