The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Dean A.. states that DCI takes these matters " very seriously". He states that DCI has in place mandatory reporting polices for Corps to report serious matters of potential illegalities such as this found within their Corps. He goes on to state that ( his exact words ) " participating groups ( DCI Corps ) that fail to meet DCI Policies ( reporting requirements to DCI HQ. ) can lead to the groups dismissal from DCI ".Presumably, anyone at DCI HQ that was informed of this, but that employee did not tell him, is subect to some level of discipline too, presumably a termination. Dean also states he is conducting an internal inquiry re. what his HQ's employees knew and when they knew it. Clearly we learn. Dean, as Executive Dir. of DCI was not informed of this by YEA, as Dean heard about this" when the story broke in the newspaper". If I  misunderstood any of his remarks from my readings of what Dean is saying here, I am open to anyone else's different take on what he actually said, and is being reported now.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Dean A.. states that DCI takes these matters " very seriously". He states that DCI has in place mandatory reporting polices for Corps to report serious matters of potential illegalities such as this found within their Corps. He goes on to state that ( his exact words ) " participating groups ( DCI Corps ) that fail to meet DCI Policies ( reporting requirements to DCI HQ. ) can lead to the groups dismissal from DCI ".Presumably, anyone at DCI HQ that was informed of this, but that employee did not tell him, is subect to some level of discipline too, presumably a termination. Dean also states he is conducting an internal inquiry re. what his HQ's employees knew and when they knew it. Clearly we learn. Dean, as Executive Dir. of DCI was not informed of this by YEA, as Dean heard about this" when the story broke in the newspaper".

Hence my quick idea of having a Compliance officer in each of the member corps's BOD. 

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Dean A.. states that DCI takes these matters " very seriously". He states that DCI has in place mandatory reporting polices for Corps to report serious matters of potential illegalities such as this found within their Corps. He goes on to state that ( his exact words ) " participating groups ( DCI Corps ) that fail to meet DCI Policies ( reporting requirements to DCI HQ. ) can lead to the groups dismissal from DCI ".Presumably, anyone at DCI HQ that was informed of this, but that employee did not tell him, is subect to some level of discipline too, presumably a termination. Dean also states he is conducting an internal inquiry re. what his HQ's employees knew and when they knew it. Clearly we learn. Dean, as Executive Dir. of DCI was not informed of this by YEA, as Dean heard about this" when the story broke in the newspaper".

Do you mean DAN ACHESON?

Or his twin brother, Dean, who actually unloads boxes of unsold finals programs on the shipping dock behind DCI's home office?

Just making sure that we're talking about the same person in the same activity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

Can you please clarify why you WANT that to become relevant to this case?

Nope. Let your imagination run wild.

22 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Just stop. I know how to read.  This thread is not about YOU either. People can read what authority Dean is saying DCI HQ has over Corps in non compliance with reporting requirements to him of serious matters that involved potential illegalities  . Dean is not using the phrase " dismissal from DCI Membership " as a potential penalty they could impose , and that he is referring to " DCI HQ employees "  with that comment. If you are unsure, instead of criticizing me about my reading comprehension skills, I could suggest you reread who he is referring to with that.   It seems rather clear to me he is referring to YEA/ Cadets in what actions DCI HQ COULD take upon them, as the investigation of this reporting requirement DCI commences both internally at DCI HQ , and from YEA/ Cadets to Dean A.               

Oh, my.

Well, again I'll say we're just not communicating.  Let's just let this die.

Nobody cares at this point (except me to make sure you're clear and precise - ahem - it's DAN).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Do you mean DAN ACHESON?

Or his twin brother, Dean, who actually unloads boxes of unsold finals programs on the shipping dock behind DCI's home office?

Dean is the real power behind the throne.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Do you mean DAN ACHESON?

Dan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Maybe DCI should have a "Compliance Director" on each of the Corps' BOD. Similar to what many NCAA member institutions have. One that is beyond reproach and reports any violations, no matter how small to DCI. 

A variant on this that might work would be to employ a single Compliance Director at DCI to whom each corps must report.

I doubt that DCI has the revenue to pay a compliance director for each corps.

But, again, having a Compliance Director would require BoD approval and agreement by each corps to support the position financially.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Do you mean DAN ACHESON?

It's like Tuddy and Paulie Cicero. All messages to Dean go through Dan. Dean only talks to a very few people, and never on the phone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

It's like Tuddy and Paulie Cicero. All messages to Dean go through Dan. Dean only talks to a very few people, and never on the phone.

BWAHAAAAA!

Paulie used a razor blade to slice the garlic for the tomato sauce.

"...not too many onions in the sauce!"

• Haha 1