The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

When the poop hits the fan innocent people sometimes get splattered

Yes but other good people need to take a stand and right a wrong.  When this same individual came to Sean about a second person harassing her, he did the right thing and fired the person.  The paper should follow up with this and see if this is true and ask her this.  

Edited by ebo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyle B said:

No, he was interim CEO.  Rich Hammond is the director.

And Rich Templin has resigned as director of C2. I know that because he called me and told me so yesterday. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ebo said:

So my question is if you were getting sexually harassed, why in the hell would you go out with him drinking?  What am I missing here?  If you knew Sean you would know his integrity.  This is going to bite them with donors if they hurt Sean.  I promise you that.  He has great relationships with the donors and they will not stand for this including me. They will not survive this.  

If the Cadets do not survive it is because George Hopkins personally did things that led to their collapse.  

Root out all the actors and enablers, wherever they found, need to be removed.

Slay the dragons! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Reporter has deleted original tweets and made new similar tweets, changing all headlines to Suspended. No reference to Resigned. I will update the image link soon.

The fact that the reporter REPORTED that this was a resignation instead of a suspension is regrettable.  There has been enough wrongdoing here already, and people are relying on reporters for accurate information.  There is no need to sensationalize this story.  The actual truth is bad enough, without reporting things that are not 100% accurate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ebo said:

Yes but other good people need to take a stand and right a wrong.  When this same individual came to Sean about a second person harassing her, he did the right thing and fired the person.  The paper should follow up with this and see if this is true and ask her this.  

So... in response to the allegation, are you arguing that it should not be investigated at all, or that Sean should not be suspended while it's being investigated?  I'd argue that suspending Sean and investigating is the only way you *can* respond to this.  The fact that YEA did not do this sort of thing previously is why we're where we are now.

Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ebo said:

Like I said he is an amazing person and he does not deserve this.   

true but better safe than sorry.

we keep seeing here so many people heard rumors for so long....so anyone that ever worked in the office, or was on staff or volunteered should wonder...and maybe think about offering up information. because at some point, they could be questioned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Sean King has been suspended.  

New board isn’t messing around.  

they can't. Anything less kills the entire organization

5 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

And Rich Templin has resigned as director of C2. I know that because he called me and told me so yesterday. 

oh my...did he say why?..well perhaps I shouldn't ask this question publicly....

3 hours ago, ebo said:

Yes thank you!  Please Don't twist my words.   I am not defending GH.  Sean King is a decent human and I am telling you that I have spoken to at least 10 YEA employees that said they never saw anything like was alleged go on at YEA.   Sean is an honest person and extremely professional and does not deserve to be attacked or worst.  Think about it, All of a sudden he is the acting CEO and now his name gets mentioned and credibility questioned.  Ask anyone who is close to the situation and they will all tell you different.   I am not saying that none of this happened with George and feel for the women but rest assure there is a group behind this that wants to take over YEA and they will stop at nothing. That is a fact.  This was very planned out and I am sure this part will all come out in a court of law for a jury to figure out.  I am a major donor of The Cadets and I will not support them anymore if they allow Sean to be a victim too. I can't speak for others but I can tell you that a lot of us watching all that is happening are not happy with how they are stopping at nothing and don't care who else they hurt so they can have total control of YEA.  You don't hurt innocent people that had nothing to do with this or was even aware.  That is a fact that the employees of YEA will tell you that they did not see this behavior at YEA.  

I appreciate the fact you’ve given a lot to the Cadets; however, there are too many alleged victims with similar stories to discount the possibility that George is guilty of these acts. We have to give the benefit of the doubt to the women. Otherwise, it signals that drum corps is not a safe environment for teenagers and young adults to pursue their dreams. It was the correct move to suspend Sean even if he’s innocent. Is it ideal? No, but it was necessary and prudent given the volatility of the current scandal.

• Like 1