The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, BigW said:

And it's a question that needs thoroughly answered to everyone's satisfaction, whether anything is discovered or not.

uncovering something like the issue that's was is one thing BUT this is where I do have a problem with. Many in the activity do feel a sense of some sort of entitlement, which I would disagree.

One can be a real Sxxt Head and still manage well and be very successful. This may be the case here. Who knows

I am separating the horrific acts of the person and his management. Maybe it can't be because of what he did but all I'm saying is there are plenty out there who have these double lives.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

YES, you are totally right imo. I know many of the new as well as old, very old players, it's why I said what I said. First, the original topic is way to important to cloud it with anything else. I also know ( for a fact ) many just want the man down because of his choices and what THEY think the man played in the evolution of the activity.

AS I said it's not like people can't have multiple issues why they hate the man, and many do BUT lets me put those people at ease or drive them more nuts, with or with the person drum corps will continue to evolve, change, develop, explore.

Yes - Creative differences are one thing; Rape is quite another.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HornTeacher said:

16 months away from the Planet, and this is the first thread to which I see upon return.

Wow.  Just...wow.

You would be surprised at how many people really don't give a rats rear about the activity anymore and just don't comment on it. 

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

One can be a real Sxxt Head and still manage well and be very successful. This may be the case here. Who knows

Possibly successful in some ways. The micromanaging and running everything with apparently no delegation or backup people is not sign of good management 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Possibly successful in some ways. The micromanaging and running everything with apparently no delegation or backup people is not sign of good management 

In many cases yes. 

Seems there were plenty of delegation considering the revolving door never stopped there BUT seems there was one train of thought and 1 person was deciding factor on almost everything. Micromanaging Is not a good thing especially if you have a team with your vision and making it happen. If it doesn't, then that's quite different.

Either way,as I mentioned IMO totally irrelevant to the serious topic at hand. Also, keep in mind I would bet almost everyone who went into the fire did know exactly what they were getting into. Now if they thought they would be the one to change things that is another story, like that, would ever happen.

Edited by GUARDLING

I’ve been there and can think of no cases where micromanaging or being the only person who can “do things” is ever good for any organization. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’ve been there and can think of no cases where micromanaging or being the only person who can “do things” is ever good for any organization. 

I added much more to my post. I also have been there, especially in this activity and MANY are and need to be micromanaged for a multiple of reasons. It is a very unique situation, especially with many staff, ages, experience, etc etc.

Now the business side can be something different HOPEFULLY you hire experience so that micromanaging would not be necessary.

Now who we are dealing with, well not we but they, it can be quite different and an issue for the Cadets /YEA

My point though is this is a Cadet issue and not the issue, the important issue at hand.

Edited by GUARDLING

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I added much more to my post. I also have been there, especially in this activity and MANY are and need to be micromanaged for a multiple of reasons. It is a very unique situation, especially with many staff, ages, experience, etc etc.

Now the business side can be something different HOPEFULLY you hire experience so that micromanaging would not be necessary.

Now who we are dealing with, well not we but they, it can be quite different and an issue for the Cadets /YEA

I know you added more but only quoted the part I responded to. Keeping an eye over everything is one thing but running things to a point where nothing gets decided or done unless one person has to make each and every little decision is my definition of micromanaging so maybe we have difference in definition. Add in the cases where only one person knows enough (because they freeze everyone else out of knowing what is going on) is a real receipt for disaster 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

I know you added more but only quoted the part I responded to. Keeping an eye over everything is one thing but running things to a point where nothing gets decided or done unless one person has to make each and every little decision is my definition of micromanaging so maybe we have difference in definition. Add in the cases where only one person knows enough (because they freeze everyone else out of knowing what is going on) is a real receipt for disaster 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Agree, when everything is a secret thats another issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1