Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No doubt. Every Corps is now vulnerable,  and under suspicion, as they are all members of DCI. No DCI membership Corps.. not a single one of them... is off the hook at the moment. This puts an regrettable cloud under the entire activity. These adults who did these despicable behaviors, and those who hired them, not only damaged victims, themselves, their Corps, but the entire DCI community. So it has already spread to ( as you so boldly capped here ) " EVERY CORPS" . That is of course, unfair. But its the natural occurrance when there is such a lack of internal controls within some individual DCI Corps, and an apparent institutional breakdown of controls at the DCI HQ level.  Are there more shoes to drop ? Hard to believe not. Until the depth, breadth of this is fully known, all DCI Corps remain under a cloud of suspicion. Unfair, but thats where we are at the moment, just as you have  mentioned on here the last month or so on several occasions.

As I have mentioned in other threads... this is like a centipede (hat tip to John McCain). Many more shoes to drop. I might also add... those who live in glass houses... No group is out of bounds. better communications from DCI HQ is really in order but I fear... not forthcoming.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

As I have mentioned in other threads... this is like a centipede (hat tip to John McCain). Many more shoes to drop. I might also add... those who live in glass houses... No group is out of bounds. better communications from DCI HQ is really in order but I fear... not forthcoming.

I think its been pretty much established by now here on DCP the last month that NO CORPS.... nor even DCI HQ itself.... nor its Board of Directors,... is immune from heavy scrutiny on what they knew, when they knew it, and what they did, when informed. There are no " glass houses " that can protect any Corps, any Board, anywhere in DCI from what cleaning house and a full accountability means. So I agree with you that anyone that thinks their Corps, or their favorite Corps or Corps, or DCI HQ friends can rest easy, that it does not involve THEM probably is going to be on edge for quite some time now. This mess could extend to well beyond our initial thinking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

didnt say you did...if I implied specifically you, didn't mean to. 

Ok. Sorry. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

I'm going to guess this isn't the last such story that could be told. Why would the Philly Inquirer reporter stop until she has published all she can verify?

Does DCI really want a story like this hitting once a month for the whole summer?

The question could be what do the reporters know, whether it be this newspaper or others. Often they have the information and release it in increments. This is a pretty typical way of doing investigative reporting. The best thing, but also the least likely thing is for an organization to do is to get out in front of the stories. This is often painful at first,  but healing and repair can begin sooner. The problem is getting out in front opens up the organization for liability, and most organizations faced with similar situations keep quiet hoping it will go away.

DCI needs to continue to be part of the solution. This article has suggested the accusers did not feel they could approach the director. If the director is as fond of the man who has been removed as some have stated, this is understandable. It doesn’t excuse the behavior, but good people make poor decisions, and the director’s credibility, which 24 hours ago was good, is shot for some time to come, so he will pay a price. This could hurt Crossmen too. Crossmen are not Cadets. There are not tons of alums who can step in, people were not clamoring to remove a tyrannical director, and while I have not seen stats for this year, Crossmen at least appear to have younger members. Parents could pull. If DCI could provide resources to help victims report an allegation, this could be a tremendous resource. 

• Like 1

I guess DCP really DOESN'T matter. Lots of previous thread discussion on Mr. Moody and... nothing. But a little heat from the Philadelphia Inquirer and boom, the guy is gone. I hope she keeps it up!  Too bad Mr. Morrison couldn't see to do the right thing on his own accord. Apparently he's a great guy, aside from abismal instincts about pairing people with predatory instincts with youth. 

Edited by HockeyDad

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

Good point. And if all of the talk about DCI creating and enforcing some standards turns out to be true, this situation could no longer be a situation. Even if the Crossmen leadership doesn't agree. We shall see.

The head office should have copies before anyone goes near a corps. They aren’t expensive and they don’t take long to get 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Yeah, but where were the warning signs?!?

I dunno what do you think?

1 hour ago, Daktubalan said:

How about instead of sitting at your computer and bad mouthing him you go talk to him yourself? 

No offense but it’s shown talking to him doesn’t do any good. If it did he’d have acted years ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Oh I agree ( sometimes ) Didn't she also write something on the 2018 show?.. I thought she did ( could be wrong ) but I do find that a bit strange.,

She has covered the aftermath and has been pretty unbiased about it. She’s also indicated she’d get to some shows, possibly Allentown