Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

24 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I realize this was meant in a wholly different context, but speaking in the literal sense for the open class corps I'm with, that's a fortune.

Mike

The division 2 corps my son was with was much the same.  Hand me down drums, school buses...a shoestring and a prayer.  The big boys are running in the million dollar club.  The open class corps are performing miracles and many times, with a lot more imaginative shows.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Orange is the new black. 

To my eye (on this monitor) PA DOC uniforms have a distinctly maroon hue.

You can't make this stuff up

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2015/01/06/Pennsylvania-prison-system-develops-separate-housing-for-mentally-ill-inmates/stories/201501060042

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2015/01/06/Pennsylvania-prison-system-develops-separate-housing-for-mentally-ill-inmates/stories/201501060042

They do. I know from working as a volunteer at Camp Hill for a couple of years.

• Haha 2

Forgot all about prison in Cresson. Ain’t a whole lot of there... there. Trying to think where PA would put people found guilty of what GH is accused of. Hope not down the road from me.... puke...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Forgot all about prison in Cresson. Ain’t a whole lot of there... there. Trying to think where PA would put people found guilty of what GH is accused of. Hope not down the road from me.... puke...

Didn't even know there was a facility there. Well, there's Prince Gallitzin State Park.....

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

outside of you and Brandt I'd agree

Thank you... but DCA is well on its way toward replacing me!!!  :tongue:

Doesn't matter... the world certainly won't spin off its axis If I'm not announcing DCA shows.  LOL.

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Cosby, Sandusky, & George...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It's as if they knew, someday... :ninja:

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Cosby, Sandusky, & George...

Hardly the Holy Trinity. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

2 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

When I was in corps in the 70's, one of the 21 year old guard members was dating one of the mid-20's instructors during the season and it was common knowledge.  No one thought it was strange.

Don't have to go that far back.  I'm aware of at least one open relationship between a 21 year old guard and a 20-something staff at a WC corps during the 2015 season, that no one apparently thought was strange.

• Like 2