Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

background checks can be a wonderful thing

.....and/or a simple google search.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pbeau said:

This is a tough call for the Crossmen BOD and DCI. I believe loosing Fred may be a hit the Crossmen can't survive.

I... don't know. One life lesson I've learned is that there are other people that can do a given job and maybe do it better. Working where I work, we're all effectively expendable. I'd say there were those out there before say, February 2018 that would have felt that another certain major corps director was 'irreplaceable' (even though there were many who would have disagreed with that), too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigW said:

I... don't know. One life lesson I've learned is that there are other people that can do a given job and maybe do it better. Working where I work, we're all effectively expendable. I'd say there were those out there before say, February 2018 that would have felt that another certain major corps director was 'irreplaceable' (even though there were many who would have disagreed with that), too.

No one in drum corps is irreplaceable, IMO.

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

We have already reached the million dollar mark to run these organizations what’s a few thousand dollars more? 

I realize this was meant in a wholly different context, but speaking in the literal sense for the open class corps I'm with, that's a fortune.

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I realize this was meant in a wholly different context, but speaking in the literal sense for the open class corps I'm with, that's a fortune.

Mike

It’s the game they all have chosen to play.

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Orange is the new black. 

From cell phones, to cell blocks.

This I Believe.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

outside of you and Brandt I'd agree

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

outside of you and Brandt I'd agree

Well there's that guy with the Bottomless, Mellifluous voice that does BoA... :innocent:

Ahh, yeah... a little research... Chuck Henson.

Edited by BigW

30 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

If your organization has someone who is irreplaceable then they are doing something wrong. As we put it gotta have a backup in case you hit by a bus. So far no bus hits but have had medical emergencies, leave for better job, “your guard unit just got called?”, etc

• Like 1