Flo still sucks!

13 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Are you completely unable to log in? Or are you saying that when you log in it’s still not recognizing your subscription?

When I login it is still not recognizing that I have a subscription. My assumption is that they receive payment from Roku periodically and manually enters those subscribers...

45 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe if you take Flo’s recommendation and actually use Google chrome, you won’t get stutters and we won’t have to hear your incessant b*tching anymore :lle:

I had problems with FLO as well but it did improve by constantly hounding their help line. Chrome may help but I still use Firefox and it works OK. They also have recommended a JAVA version that can be more important to FLO than other streaming sites. I also went as far as sending them readouts of the JAVA versions, Browser and documentation on Internet Speed tests. Make sure you have enough lit bars on your Wi-Fi but if that was your problem you would know by having problems with other applications. In any event sometimes just moving your modem around just a little can improve Wi-Fi at the receiving end. FLO needs to work on Wi-Fi so saying you need an wired connection because of FLO is wrong. 

10 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

When I login it is still not recognizing that I have a subscription. My assumption is that they receive payment from Roku periodically and manually enters those subscribers...

It will only allow one device at a time, so if you are trying to watch in a different location, make sure you are logged out of the device in the first location. Perhaps that is causing the login problem?

So, an update: my girlfriend, fed up with my spazzing, decided to call Flo. I didn’t do this because you have to leave you name, number, etc, and don’t get to talk to anyone.

they called back in about a half hour. She explained patiently that I had subscribed on Roku and couldn’t get the web version to recognize that I already was a subscriber. He did some background work and now it works just fine!

I do not deserve this woman.

• Like 6

Getting ready to stream the Orlando show and I remembered something that might help:  Don't forget about background processes and open apps, if you are viewing on a laptop/desktop. Close everything except for your browser. BG apps can be a little troubling especially if they like to "phone home" a lot (I'm looking at you Norton AV). Some of them have settings that will prevent non-stop communications with home base. Also Windows has a setting that says "I'm using a metered connection (even for a wired connection to your ISP), so don't use up my data quota".  Norton respects that setting; other apps might also.

Anyway, hope this helps. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 8:23 AM, Bluzes said:

I had problems with FLO as well but it did improve by constantly hounding their help line. Chrome may help but I still use Firefox and it works OK. They also have recommended a JAVA version that can be more important to FLO than other streaming sites. I also went as far as sending them readouts of the JAVA versions, Browser and documentation on Internet Speed tests. Make sure you have enough lit bars on your Wi-Fi but if that was your problem you would know by having problems with other applications. In any event sometimes just moving your modem around just a little can improve Wi-Fi at the receiving end. FLO needs to work on Wi-Fi so saying you need an wired connection because of FLO is wrong. 

They never told me to do a wired connection. I found that out here. It has helped I had a couple studders last night for about two seconds and one that made me miss one or two open class scores. I really want them to succeed since it's obvious they will be the only game. Of course it's not the same as being there but with the new fans these days I would rather not be there as I get tired of telling people to shut up which I am not shy about one bit.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 10:30 AM, ajlemm said:

So, an update: my girlfriend, fed up with my spazzing, decided to call Flo. I didn’t do this because you have to leave you name, number, etc, and don’t get to talk to anyone.

they called back in about a half hour. She explained patiently that I had subscribed on Roku and couldn’t get the web version to recognize that I already was a subscriber. He did some background work and now it works just fine!

I do not deserve this woman.

None of you do but we love you anyway. 

:laughing:

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did Cadets have video & audio freezes my did,

57 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Did Cadets have video & audio freezes my did,

mine was fine, all night long

To be fair, before Flo I didn't watch the Livestreams. But I have appreciated a lot of stuff from them this year; they're making a good effort with media and commentary with a lot of cool content, and I haven't had any problems with the streams, but for some stuttering in the movie theater (happened once for about 2 seconds). 

Go Flo!