Burning questions after Saturday night

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Now you've done it!  The West Coast will do their best to make sure this doesn't happen.  Plus, the Bluecoats need to get their percussion section to improve some in order to make their chances of success better.  Seems like it's harder to "run the table" in recent years.

Yes, but BD has to get their brass up, Crown has their guard issue. Bloo and SCV have the hardest book drumwise, they were much improved last night.

12 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Yes, but BD has to get their brass up, Crown has their guard issue. Bloo and SCV have the hardest book drumwise, they were much improved last night.

As most know, CC in 2013 won with a 6th place percussion (1.1 behind Cadets) score.  With an improved percussion so far this year, they are another corps who may prevent any corps from going undefeated.  

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As most know, CC in 2013 won with a 6th place percussion (1.1 behind Cadets) score.  With an improved percussion so far this year, they are another corps who may prevent any corps from going undefeated.  

I was thinking about crown '13 when i wrote that :)

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm really ###### off that I had to practice so much when I marched. Had I known we could have gone up 12 points without improvement, I would have protested practicing.

They practiced... they did not show the improvement. They are not the first corps nor the last that has gone through this.

3 hours ago, GlenI said:

I think this conversation is fun. But how can anyone use a pattern of behavior from 30+ years ago and tie it to anything happening this year? All of the MMs are different, as the management and I assume staff. They don't even play the same instruments as in 87. Do they?

Showing that at various times when they were competitive for the championship they have not been able to close it out. A few times they did.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

BD/ SCV/ Crown/ Cavs... 1st 4 placing Corps from last season have all lost to another Corps in competition so far this season. So if DCI is going to have an undefeated DCI Champion for 2018, it will have to be from the 5th placing Corps from last season... the Bluecoats. We won't know how strong Bluecoats are until they meet up with BD and SCV head to head.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

They practiced... they did not show the improvement. They are not the first corps nor the last that has gone through this.

I saw SCV many times that last month - I even watched a rehearsal. It was such an odd vibe - but yes, I concur the corps didn't grow the past month nearly as much as Cadets and a few others

Of course this was 30 years ago - so different times/leadership etc. And yes, given my young age I was probably 3 years old at the time (I wish!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

So if DCI is going to have an undefeated DCI Champion for 2018, it will have to be from the 5th placing Corps from last season... the Bluecoats.

Or, a corps that missed the top 12 last year, and hasn't yet competed this year... Jersey Surf, Music City, Oregon Crusaders, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, or Spirit of Atlanta.

replace "Burning" with "Boring" and respond to this thread

What color car does the Visual Analysis judge person drive, anyway?

What's up with all the A&E, I thought this was real drum corps?

Why do the Madison Scouts only have males in their corps?

37 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Or, a corps that missed the top 12 last year, and hasn't yet competed this year... Jersey Surf, Music City, Oregon Crusaders, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, or Spirit of Atlanta.

Image result for like thats not gonna happen.... gifs

• Like 1