Pasadena, CA - June 30, 2018

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

lol hilarious, especially since SCV still is trotting out an unfinished show right now

Don't feed the troll Cappy. 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

lol hilarious, especially since SCV still is trotting out an unfinished show right now

Yes, after re-watching last night's show and comparing it to the standstill I have from Stanford, there is a chunk of the ending missing. Either they've taken that part out or it isn't in yet. I would be a shame if they took that chunk out permanently because is rapid playing with a everlasting mellophone laser beam shot up at the audience and it is AMAZING.

Anyone happen to notice that BD now has a guy in a trench coat that wasn’t there before? Then there is a band member that does a rather awkward round-off, back press and skulks away with the coat. 

I’m thinking that BD is trying to catch up to the INSANE acrobatics that SCV guy throws down! 

1 hour ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Anyone happen to notice that BD now has a guy in a trench coat that wasn’t there before? Then there is a band member that does a rather awkward round-off, back press and skulks away with the coat. 

I’m thinking that BD is trying to catch up to the INSANE acrobatics that SCV guy throws down! 

I'm thinking that BD doesn't pay attention to anyone else, and they stick to their plan and what they can control, which is their performance and execution. You don't get to the level of success they have achieved sweating other corps acrobatics. This isn't the first time BD has been punched in the mouth. They will be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Fun Fact: A Mandarins parent took the artistic rendering, developed the technical specs, and built it.     

If only more corps harnessed the talents they had within their family.   

I think I heard he owns a construction company? But don't quote me on that. 

30 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I'm thinking that BD doesn't pay attention to anyone else, and they stick to their plan and what they can control, which is their performance and execution. You don't get to the level of success they have achieved sweating other corps acrobatics. This isn't the first time BD has been punched in the mouth. They will be fine.

Well they added a screamer trumpet too! Seems like imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery! Monkey see...monkey try.

10 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Well they added a screamer trumpet too! Seems like imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery! Monkey see...monkey try.

Who let this nephew in here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Who let this nephew in here 

Sounds like Standing O's BFF. Reminds me of the guy back in 2015 who said BD added ten year old Clara to the show cause they was scared of Crown that year. Even though there was a BD360 episode from Family Day that year that shows BD identifying Clara before the season even started lol. 

16 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Sounds like Standing O's BFF. Reminds me of the guy back in 2015 who said BD added ten year old Clara to the show cause they was scared of Crown that year. Even though there was a BD360 episode from Family Day that year that shows BD identifying Clara before the season even started lol. 

Clearly a counter effort. And that’s okay. ALL of the California corps are imminently strong. BD, SCV, Mandarins, Gold. I just love seeing the perennial  brides maid take the reigns and say “let’s drive...in a different direction” fresh, new, different, unexpected.