Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I will be at US Bank Stadium September 9th. Flying in from Cali to watch my Niners open the season against the Vikings. Heard its an awesome stadium. Too bad it will be silent by the 4th qtr when Jimmy G takes down the Vikes. 

That would be incorrect. It’s going to be loud and raucous the whole game because the number one defense in the league, along with Captain Kirk, Miracle Diggs and Thielen are going to blowout the cute lil 9ers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ajlemm said:

That would be incorrect. It’s going to be loud and raucous the whole game because the number one defense in the league, along with Captain Kirk, Miracle Diggs and Thielen are going to blowout the cute lil 9ers.

LOL. In all seriousness it's going to be a great game. Should have been the Sunday night opener. The Vikes are a great team this year and i have them as one of the top five to make the Super Bowl. 

Good luck to all the corps performing tonight. Going to be a great show. 

• Like 2

Just decided to pass on Flo for this. So I’ll have to experience it vicariously through DCP comrades.

Was there last year. Really nice venue minus the early shadows from a setting sun.

• Like 1

This is always such a fun show!  This line up is PACKED.  I think it's great the chunk of competition like Colts, Madison, Phantom, etc are all here tonight!

As usual, I'll be living through the posts by those who are fortunate enough to attend!

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

DCI Minnesota is no longer a regional like San Antonio and Atlanta? This looks more like a DCM Championships lineup.

Back when I started following the activity, virtually every corps was there. Since then, scheduling issues with UMN, the addition of the Florida leg of tour a couple years ago, and most recently the new St. Louis regional, among other things, have caused what was once a major show to lose steam.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Back when I started following the activity, virtually every corps was there. Since then, scheduling issues with UMN, the addition of the Florida leg of tour a couple years ago, and most recently the new St. Louis regional, among other things, have caused what was once a major show to lose steam.

UMB is an out of the way place on the tour schedule. St. Louis or Cincinnati makes more sense for big Regional shows these days. 

3 hours ago, tedrick said:

does anyone know if it would be possible in the future to hold this show at the Viking's stadium - US Bank Stadium?

Yes,   DCI is considering moving this show to US Bank Stadium if available on the date they want to hold the show.   Currently locked out of US Bank Stadium  until 2020.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

UMB is an out of the way place on the tour schedule. St. Louis or Cincinnati makes more sense for big Regional shows these days. 

MMs of three corps I have worked with consistently give high marks to Minnie-St. Paul for the cooler temps compared to much of the Midwest, the friendly people, and the clear air which also translates into great sleeping. Schools couldn't be more accommodating with none of that false bravado from the football crowd. Volunteers and staff give high marks to the airport and transportation. The restaurants are great with the Scandinavian, Northwoods and Farm-to-table fare delightful. The other cities you mention are the same cookie cutter chain places, fewer flights in or out, and subject to that Midwestern soybean heat that makes outdoor practices a drag. I'll take UMN anyday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, xandandl said:

MMs of three corps I have worked with consistently give high marks to Minnie-St. Paul for the cooler temps compared to much of the Midwest, the friendly people, and the clear air which also translates into great sleeping. Schools couldn't be more accommodating with none of that false bravado from the football crowd. Volunteers and staff give high marks to the airport and transportation. The restaurants are great with the Scandinavian, Northwoods and Farm-to-table fare delightful. The other cities you mention are the same cookie cutter chain places, fewer flights in or out, and subject to that Midwestern soybean heat that makes outdoor practices a drag. I'll take UMN anyday.

As usual you missed the point. It’s out of the way.  I’ll take the indoor stadium 

Edited by Jim Schehr

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

As usual you missed the point. It’s out of the way. 

As usual, that's just one man's opinion. Because someone disagrees with your doctrinaire stance doesn't mean they don't capiche.

No more out of the way then let's say, Madison or La Crosse.