Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Put some people on vibes so you get textures. It's all unison because they either do all vibes or all marimba. Its hurting. 

I've thought the same thing while watching them this year.  Even when you split them 3/3, there's just not the same layering or depth as in other front ensembles.

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Put some people on vibes so you get textures. It's all unison because they either do all vibes or all marimba. Its hurting. 

Ehh... It comes down to over a half point separation right now.  That's more than just a texture issue. Their content is scoring under and their achievement is further still.  So they are slightly under playing a slightly under written book... to a deficit slightly more than half a point.  It will probably just remain that way to the end of the season (not that it isn't worth trying to address).

Just now, brassboy said:

Cavies took guard with that rough night? Hmm...

BD guard was STUNNING. Definitely thought they had that in the bag.

• Like 5

I’m surprised cavies guard took first. They looked to have an off night and BD guard was good. Glad I got to see them all for the first time this season, I really enjoyed both shows.

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

3-4 points? The only time Bloo and Cavies have been at the same show was the tour premier. Bloo 70.3. Cavies 69.35.

I stand corrected. I was using DCI's head to head under scores and just assumed they were at the same shows. My bad. 

1 minute ago, goodmello said:

I tried to not say anything... but it's one thing for a group to talk about their own struggles, and it's another to degrade someone else's group to talk about 'examples' of mistakes/or failures.. THAT, I won't stay quiet for...

I hear you. There's such a feeling of desperation by many over there that i think they lash out at anyone or anything (other corps) nearby.

• Like 1

will they let Mandarins beat Phantom?