Drums Along the Rockies - July 14, 2018

Frankly I am digging PC's music book...latin grooves, fun whimsical moments, great lyricism and power in the closer, so enjoyable!  This is way beyond their "Catalyst" show from a few years ago.  Great job, PC!

• Like 3

Hot take - Pac Crest and Cascades seem to be stuck in a visual rut. Drill could have been cut and pasted from a show 5 years ago.

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I remember a review of Ingmar Bergman's film of Mozart's Magic Flute that said you could tell the singers weren't top talent by the fact that close-ups let you see that the fillings in their teeth weren't gold.

BD's fillings are all gold.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beckham said:

I am uninformed, or have forgotten. What happened?

DCI used the stadium's camera crew with disastrous results (in terms of the quality of what viewers saw).

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like that show.  Nice run PC.  I had forgotten how awesome the closer is!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beckham said:

I am uninformed, or have forgotten. What happened?

Back in 2013, DCI broadcast the Buffalo show on the former DCI Fan Network. Because it was held in the stadium of the NFL's Buffalo Bills, DCI had to use the Bills' in-house media team for the multi-cam. What resulted was some of the absolute worst close-ups/multi-cam work ever (so bad, in fact, that many considered it comedy gold). That annual show has never been broadcast on the Fan Network/DCI Live/Flo since.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Just now, shofmon88 said:

Is it even Flo’s team? I know in the past part of the contract with the stadium required the use of their in-house media team. If so, they’ve certainly improved from those nasty camera changes a few years ago.

posted from the DrumScorps app

That's my thought too.  The sound is poor and it seems DATR is consistently one of the poorer feeds.  I was thinking some issue with the venue from a technical standpoint, but if they require in house media teams...

You must be listening to a different stream. The sound is fantastic for me. I can hear every detail in the stadium and on the field, without much noticeable compression

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1