Drums Along the Rockies - July 14, 2018

Yay Trittico!

• Like 1

Viewing Flo on the office desktop. Other than the sync issues, no hiccups at all. Good sound and video. 

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

The visual especially the guard is the only thing that is keeping them from moving up. 

Agreed. I was mad that they chose not to make any upgrades to the visual department this offseason. An amazing visual design could push them into the Top 6 and beyond.

At the very least, I enjoy this visual design, with its increased focus on drill, more than I did last year’s choreography-heavy “i.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

I thought you can watch archives of past live shows. Right?

No, they don't have synch rights and can't apply for them until there is a finished product to be approved

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Abandoned mid show?  That seems rare.  Must have been some sudden lightening or something if they let them go on then called it.  

Definitely odd. I was at a show once when lightning hit a pole less than 50 yards away in the middle of Colts performing. They didn't miss a beat and finished their performance but the stands were cleared immediately after they finished.

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Viewing Flo on the office desktop. Other than the sync issues, no hiccups at all. Good sound and video. 

I was not impressed with the sound, especially the solos and features.  The rest was definitely better than last year.

Just now, Beckham said:

Definitely odd. I was at a show once when lightning hit a pole less than 50 yards away in the middle of Colts performing. They didn't miss a beat and finished their performance but the stands were cleared immediately after they finished.

To be fair, we were on the parking lot for practice in high school band once and the tornado sirens went off.  You never saw nearly 300 kids move so fast in your life.  The rain started pouring down in a cloudburst half way to the building. 

Just now, PCEP00 said:

That baritone duet, horn flip, and then the entire brass comes in....wow.

Just give SCV the gold.

I'm thinking the horn flip is where the Vanguard yell might work.