DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Wow. Mandarins are making Finals this season. Wow. Congrats. Great show.

Lots of playing and not moving. Reminds me of Blue Devils style concept and drill both.

I think they beat Crossmen tonight but Crossmen show still has more meat on the bones. Their show is more difficult than Mandarins so I think they beat em out at the end but still best show Mandarins have ever done. Congrats.

Seeing Mandarin's improvement since Clovis makes me realize the online conversations, I can't wait to see them in FINALS! That guard!! Brilliant writing and excellence! LOVED IT!

• Like 1

Just now, quietcity said:

I think they would march bassoons if they were allowed. Bassoons would work quite well with this show. 

I can't tell if you're being snarky or serious.  Because, I could actually see bassoons work with this show...its that weird.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Troopers ended their show with a female dashing out the left stadium exit, followed immediately by the Crossmen ending their show with a female dashing out the right stadium exit. Will the next Corps, the Mandarins, now end their show with a female dashing out the center stadium exit in front of us ?

Could be the spicy Tex-Mex food

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Haha 3

Holy smokes Mandarins, good on ya!!! What a show! So much growth in design and performance, I’m really excited to see if they can keep it pushing all the way to the end. It’ll be something special if they can!

• Like 4

Just now, Cappybara said:

No idea what Ayala is, can someone fill me in?

Ayala High School, where Ike Jackson and others design for their outdoor and indoor marching programs.

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

No idea what Ayala is, can someone fill me in?

High school in California. Very good band program. Has done some pretty "out there yet cool" shows

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

There's a lot of Ayala influence on this design.  

Just wait until they start throwing the white crazy chairs around the field.

• Haha 3