DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

1 minute ago, Geneva said:

Nice feature on Mandarins with whom I am less familiar.

Great talented corps love them but honestly I'm rooting against them make to make it in to the top 12 because I don't like the show design. To me it's a guard show with music accompaniment. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Troopers ended their show with a female dashing out the left stadium exit, followed immediately by the Crossmen ending their show with a female dashing out the right stadium exit. Will the next Corps, the Mandarins, now end their show with a female dashing out the center stadium exit in front of us ?

More like a "being of indeterminate gender and species dashing into your nightmares."

Are Mandarins the first corps since the legalization of trombones to actually have a trombone section that marches the whole show? Rather than bari/euph players just picking them up at some point.

Edited by Beckham
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

Sweetness Follows is my 2018 earworm. I'll be singing this for the next day and a half.

Glad you said that. I’ve felt the same way since listening to it  

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

Great talented corps love them but honestly I'm rooting against them make to make it in to the top 12 because I don't like the show design. To me it's a guard show with music accompaniment. 

I agree with that last sentence. Also because I like Academys design and uniforms.

2 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

you know who doesn't get mentioned enough and is probably one of the biggest reasons behind the Mandarins rise to finals? Ike Jackson

I second this. Is he the program coordinator?? I know he also works with Academy Percussion?? Might have this backwards

• Like 1

Whoop. Was that a fall tripping on the skirt?