Murfreesboro, TN - July, 27, 2018

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That whole show is a monster, but that closer in particular is one of the greatest of all time. I honestly like it more than Spartacus' closer.

I still can’t believe they placed outside the Top 3. 2007 has one of the most boring Top 3’s ever, IMO. They all performed super well, but none of those shows do anything for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Oh, the revised media policy specifically DOES allow YouTube links. So here you go, @Jason Harrison and @Ghost:

https://youtu.be/wkCH-0KPvsU

Skip ahead about 26 seconds to where the video jumps to the closer.

Thank you for the link! Holy #%*&! That looked pretty great to me!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, brassboy said:

THIS. It was either wait a week or so for DCW or spend money and dial the 976-phone number for the scores hotline.

1-900-CAN-DRUM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Colorguard judges are all over the place regarding BD's guard. 

I understand differences in opinion, but their content scores really shouldn't be jumping between 1st and 5th night to night. 

I agree, but it might be a judge(s) who haven't seen them perform early in the season, a first read for them.

9 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

SCV won 7 of 8 sheets tonight. At finals, they'll likely pull a few 20.0s by virtue of performing last and the judge calling a spread over a strong Bloo/Blue number. I agree with you that a scoring record is pretty tough to see, but I am starting to think a 99 is possible.

The hang up is that 20's only happen when they sweep the sub captions as well.  They can "win" all 8... But unless they win every element of a caption (not too many corps are in this field) then those 20s will remain elusive due to the slotting and comparison.  If they pull 99-ish... Then we would likely see 2 or 3 groups besting the record in one shot... yikes.

Just to clarify... I don't think that SCV show suffers the ability to score higher than the record.  I think that there is a situational barrier to it happening in this unusually competitive field.

Edited by cfirwin3

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I still can’t believe they placed outside the Top 3. 2007 has one of the most boring Top 3’s ever, IMO. They all performed super well, but none of those shows do anything for me.

2007 Cadets would've been great without the narration, but I agree that for the most part the top 3 in 2007 could've been better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Oh, the revised media policy specifically DOES allow YouTube links. So here you go, @Jason Harrison and @Ghost:

https://youtu.be/wkCH-0KPvsU

Skip ahead about 26 seconds to where the video jumps to the closer.

Not sure i like that 20 count prop moving pause in the middle of the thing.  Kinda loses some of the momentum.

1 minute ago, Box5Opinion said:

I agree, but it might be a judge(s) who haven't seen them perform early in the season, a first read for them.

This is true. Not sure if Sturgeon is a newer judge (I personally haven't heard of him/her before) but a first read seems likely

Just now, brassboy said:

Sturgeon is a very familiar name to me. I think they've been judging for a while.

Must've missed him/her the past few years then. I'm mostly familiar with judges who consistently judge regionals and at Indy