Murfreesboro, TN - July, 27, 2018

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I still can’t believe they placed outside the Top 3. 2007 has one of the most boring Top 3’s ever, IMO. They all performed super well, but none of those shows do anything for me.

I still believe they had the championship level design but just couldn’t get the performance levels up to medal. 05-08 Phantom was probably their best 4 year run and 07 was my personal favorite of that group.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

SCV won 7 of 8 sheets tonight. At finals, they'll likely pull a few 20.0s by virtue of performing last and the judge calling a spread over a strong Bloo/Blue number. I agree with you that a scoring record is pretty tough to see, but I am starting to think a 99 is possible.

Anything is possible. the new ending once its clean and further developed might push certain judges to max their score (content and achievement). I would love to be fly in the wall with the GE judges.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it seems the other night was inflated based on their competition

This is likely true, but the number itself is not the key data point. The key data point from Thursday is BK's 2.0-point spread over Phantom. The key data point from tonight is the 1.875-point gap to Cadets. The key missing data point is BK's relationship to Blue Stars, which wasn't at either show.

18 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Oh, the revised media policy specifically DOES allow YouTube links. So here you go, @Jason Harrison and @Ghost:

https://youtu.be/wkCH-0KPvsU

Skip ahead about 26 seconds to where the video jumps to the closer.

I think they could dial back the synths. (That recording was made pretty high on the 50, so it's not a question of having been too close to the speakers.)

In terms of holding their lead, I think it bodes well for SCV that they are content over achievement in most of the captions (based on tonight's scores). 

Just now, kbbandman said:

In terms of holding their lead, I think it bodes well for SCV that they are content over achievement in most of the captions (based on tonight's scores). 

Yeah that point-ish lead wouldn't usually be considered a comfortable one.  But they are hitting it night after night with a healthy balance in the sub figures, like you are saying.

The judges have these groups quite consistently slotted.  But the message is that they are all REALLY good... right down through 6th place and beyond.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Don't use their initials. Full name, year, and for the search filter, use "Last Hour." And then jump ahead about 25 seconds.

Nope, didn’t work. I get Harrisburg, not TN. 

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

BD being 4th in brass again this season makes me feel unsettled. 

Same message... different topic... The rest of the field is unusually good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

BD being 4th in brass again this season makes me feel unsettled. 

It would for me too if I hadn't heard them in person and found myself gobsmacked at how many quality issues there were--issues I rarely (if ever) associate with BD's hornline.