NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

Half full of the next shot for a "drunken Flo close up". 

I wanna go to a show and meet Terri some day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

By the end of the season, the judges "usually" get it right. 

But I swear to God, if BD wins again this year, I'll be mad. And I'll probably be much less inclined to watch any DCI next season. Especially paying for the crappy Flomarching. 

BD win because they out execute everyone else. This year they're being out executed in many captions. And with the way SCV is performing their musical program, they should be at least 1 point ahead of anyone. Too close for comfort.

I really do not see them catching SCV. I called it last year and stand on my prediction. BD can win guard and percussion if they clean the snare break. Their drum book is other worldly and in a class of it's own. They have to be clean though. SCV is winning percussion because their parts are easy to read fit the music and are clean. If BD can clean their line it's over. I think SCV has the best brass without question. I simply can not understand how CC is winning brass. They are really not playing much at all.It's drum corps. it's supposed to be amazing stuff. otherwise it's just band.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know.  You tell me.  You know who I am. I still don’t know who you are. 

Just sent you a PM

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I just checked again and you're actually correct, not sure how I made so many mistakes, must've been sleepy yesterday. One of the competitions I was counting was Broken Arrow in which BD got 1st in guard. However, I must have missed that all of the top 6 was present except for Crown (though granted Crown guard has not been a contender for the Zingali this year, but nevertheless I was incorrect). In addition, I accidentlaly used BD's overall guard caption score (3) for San Antonio rather than their substance (6)

Looking at it again not counting Broken arrow, the content scores are: 6 (San Antonio), 1 (Mesquite), 5 (Murfreesboro), 1 (Atlanta), 1 (tonight)

Broken Arrow without Crown, BD's content was 1. Katy, Tx without BAC, BD was 1. 

Boston wasn't at Mesquite, so it's technically 6, 5, 1, 1.

Either way, I understood your overall point and personally have zero issues with the scoring in that caption. I don't know enough about guard to have an educated opinion on it. Your stat just caught my eye is all. Take care.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FeathersUp said:

Boston wasn't at Mesquite, so it's technically 6, 5, 1, 1.

Wow :doh:. I'm going to sleep. Thanks for all the corrections

• Haha 1