NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

"Judge Debbie" ( Torchia ) is seemingly at least off the hot seat now with tonites scores.. She was singled out and had a " wicked " bad day here on DCP last night and today with the scores she gave out to the Cavaliers in Atlanta. 

Indeed it does seem like Torchia's scores aren't as out of the ordinary as people made them out to be last night. Unless we're going to decide that the guard judge tonight is also on some crazy pills

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

You may have had you’ “Where’s Waldo” moment with Steve Rondinaro, but beware, the real Waldo of drum corps is lurking. He outscored Cavies last night and Crown is next on the list. :sigh:

i know, not the thing to say on a thread about a Crown home show, but I have purchased Crown souvies this year if that makes up for it!

Not tonight partner. Might come to pass by the time BD or SCV makes their encore run @ LOS, but for the time being 5-3 still very much in play.

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

hurrwhip.gif~c200

Winnah,  winnah, chicken dinnah. ROFL.

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, they did. I get it, some Bluecoats fans are upset and disappointed. I have been there, done that. Fortunately, the corps I want to win is winning, but that hasn't happened since 1989 (1999 it looked like BD had it in the bag). I enjoy all three shows, but I think the right two are out in front.

Don’t let a few people on an Internet forum dictate a whole fan base......I did that for a few years and was shocked when I discovered 99% of that corps fan base were awesome people.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

If this summer has taught me anything is that if you let scores get you this bent out of shape you’re in it for the wrong reasons.  They’re just having a blast and putting the best show possible out there.  Whatever else happens is out of their control.  If they don’t care about the scores, I sure as hell shouldn’t.  They had an awesome run tonight, felt great, and onto the next one.  

This is why I :inlove: you., 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Every time in favor of BD. They can go out and just eat cheeseburgers and win visual and I will never understand why

Don't know what to tell you man. BD has been the gold standard in visual performance for the past decade, and for good reason. It may not be your preferred style or cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. 

All that fancy staging stuff SCV and Bloo are doing this year? Pioneered by BD. They're both fantastic visually too! And of course BD goes out and coincidentally puts out the most drill-filled show of the top 3. What a year 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Reading this thread reminds me why I have been thinking about calling it quits on DCP.  Yikes. 

The stars have not aligned tonight for everyone...so there just seems to be a lot of angst..it will pass I'm sure...

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

For the record I wasn’t saying that everything needs to be positive and happy and rainbows, just like you said.  Support the comments, positive or negative, be detailed, and don’t be a ####.  

But I like your rainbows very much!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

If this summer has taught me anything is that if you let scores get you this bent out of shape you’re in it for the wrong reasons.  They’re just having a blast and putting the best show possible out there.  Whatever else happens is out of their control.  If they don’t care about the scores, I sure as hell shouldn’t.  They had an awesome run tonight, felt great, and onto the next one.  

Great point! When I have been lucky enough to see them over at the buses...not one member is talking scores or how’d we look or did we catch/pass whomever. They just perform, leave it all out on the field, wonder what the snack is and load up for another run. The dedication is inspirational! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Someday you may decide that you were right before to dislike BD and wrong now to like them.

Correct I bought albums that I hated in the 70s, window ovens just came out so we baked them and watched them bubble up. Now they are some of my most treasured music files. People change BD has always been consistent. But the most fun is putting a cd you don't care for in a microwave your ready to discard.