NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

Cadets will be down 16 members tonight for the performance due to a stomach bug - the vast majority of which are expected to be much better soon... Let's wish the impacted members a quick recovery!

• Like 3
  • Sad 12

That seems to be making its way through all the corps. I believe it was nightbeat theat thw Cavies skipped entirely the year they were hit late season. 

31 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I'm curious how corps are selected for this show. 

Is it based off of finals placement the previous year?

Image result for blind dart board.. gif

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets will be down 16 members tonight for the performance due to a stomach bug - the vast majority of which are expected to be much better soon... Let's wish the impacted members a quick recovery!

Sorry to learn of this. Its nasty when a stomach virus takes hold, as it can move quickly to others and it takes its toll. Hope for a swift recovery for all concerned and that runs its course quickly as can sometimes occur as at least a silver lining to these things.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Awful.  Hope they recover soon.

Edited by Ediker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Went to NightBEAT in 2014. Forecast was great, perfect night for drum corps. I watched the news before leaving for the show. Chance of showers after midnight. I parked my car, noticed a small dark cloud. Then it got darker. Intermission was cancelled so each corps could compete. The show ended, we were told to leave the stadium quickly. Got to my car, turned in the radio, heard about tornado warnings. The rains came, the winds seemed hurricane force. Got back to the hotel. Looked out the window. The rain stopped, the skies cleared, the stars were out, as if nothing happened. Never saw such sudden weather changes, and I’m from New England! 

Enjoy the show. Weather aside, it was one of the most enthusiastic shows I’ve ever attended. The Crown folks know how to produce a show.

I live in the area, things kick up quick around here, then 5 min. Later ?

• Like 2