Who can’t wait to see the new Boston ending ?

7 hours ago, fifer said:

Actually, I find it totally opposite to the show's theme/storyline.  They just finish the big push to the "found" visual and then drift back onto the beach where they all drown under the waves.  Or maybe it does complete the storyline in that we all thought until now that the lost souls ended up being found alive, but now learn that they were found dead.  I wonder if they found all the bodies.

My take...which could be ALL WET ...haha

What the ending depicts is an afterlife that the corps constructed for themselves, deeming their time on the island...which was completely real from start to finish...the most important aspect of their respective lives.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

One of the most brilliantly conceived drum corps productions I've seen in many years. This is truly a theatrical event on a grand stage. Enthralls from beginning to end. Congratulations, Boston Crusaders!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Liahona said:

I'm usually not a fan of soft endings...but this one works VERY well for this show...the waves at the end are the icing on the cake for me...

I don't know if any more is planned...but I do know this ending was already planned way back in the off-season...

When I saw this ending in Atlanta I was very positively impressed. This corps has obviously been working hard and smart. 

• Like 5

The Boston ending is very effective. Maybe, maybe . . . .  add a solid, bellowing fog horn blast as the final wave effect applause begins. I'm pretty sure today's electronics can manage such a thing. As if the rescue ship has arrived.

• Like 5

I saw the show live in Lawrence and thought it was very good. The last time I saw it was San Antonio (on Flo) and I was blown away by the additions and the amazing show design. This show embodies many of the ground-breaking qualities that got me hooked on DCI back in the early 1980's. I'm flying down for Chester and Allentown, and I can't wait to see how the show has changed. This is on track to be one of my (if not the) favorite show of 2018!

Go BAC!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

The Boston ending is very effective. Maybe, maybe . . . .  add a solid, bellowing fog horn blast as the final wave effect applause begins. I'm pretty sure today's electronics can manage such a thing. As if the rescue ship has arrived.

I was thinking of ship fog horn too...easy to add....but then again....the last chime is the end...so that may be out of place...

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I was thinking of ship fog horn too...easy to add....but then again....the last chime is the end...so that may be out of place...

I don't think it's needed - works well as is IMO

I do think they need to work on the individual elements by the members in the final moments, I swear I saw someone "wave goodbye" which struck me as a bit goofy  (did I imagine that?)

Overall though the ending really makes the production complete and adds another layer of maturity and completeness to the design

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't think it's needed - works well as is IMO

I do think they need to work on the individual elements by the members in the final moments, I swear I saw someone "wave goodbye" which struck me as a bit goofy  (did I imagine that?)

Overall though the ending really makes the production complete and adds another layer of maturity and completeness to the design

I think you may be right...

KISS principle

I'm not sure if Brady Sanders worked on the choreography for that or not...MAYBE someone did wave good-bye...I was in the nose bleed seat on FLO...lol

I'm glad they also now turn front for the last musical hit...before just playing backfield wasn't working as well musically as the visual...just that little add of facing forward for the last hit made all the difference in the world...It finally affected me on an emotional level...when that happens...it can only be a good thing IMO...

• Like 2