Prsmpower4

2019 Madison Scouts!

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

their version of what should be competitively successful and what works today are diametrically opposed to each other. They want louder, higher faster. they got higher, louder, faster. Just like has been said for several years to the Cadets, running for the sake of running doesn't win anymore.

 

the show is fun. the kids are busting their ##### and will probably outperform the material they have by the end of the year.

I didn’t know you were so tuned in to the Madison Scouts alumni base. How do you know this?  Tesmusic stayed it better than I. The desire is to be relevant. Not louder higher faster. Unless louder higher faster would make them relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I didn’t know you were so tuned in to the Madison Scouts alumni base. How do you know this?  Tesmusic stayed it better than I. The desire is to be relevant. Not louder higher faster. Unless louder higher faster would make them relevant. 

Im still waiting to see where he’s getting all this all alums want higher, faster, louder stuff. I’ve never said that, and can’t find it in this thread. 

Although maybe it’s just easier for him to assume these things so he can have a voice in here about what we’re saying? I’m not sure. I’ll wait to see where he’s getting his alumni info. I’d love to see those posts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Im still waiting to see where he’s getting all this all alums want higher, faster, louder stuff. I’ve never said that, and can’t find it in this thread. 

Although maybe it’s just easier for him to assume these things so he can have a voice in here about what we’re saying? I’m not sure. I’ll wait to see where he’s getting his alumni info. I’d love to see those posts too.

It’s pretty clear to me he wants to pin blame for present problems on the alumni. And thereby absolve CK and DP of responsibility. Pretty much the opposite of the Cadets situation. Whereas I, on the other hand, see very close parallels to Cadets. Alumni who want to be involved and productively helpful but being pushed away. Very different from ....”and you must do it this way....”. Where that’s coming from I don’t know. Speculation perhaps. Or a very small sample size. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're coming to Bentonville, AR in a couple weeks, and we're excited to see them live. But....I haven't been able to find any clips online short of a shaky-cam closer snippet.

1. Has anyone heard the Young Person's ending live?

2. Does it leave you satisfied?

34g136.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I marched Scouts in the 80s there were corps that were only an after thought in our rear view mirror such as The Cavaliers. When that happened I said then that if Madison didn’t change their philosophy of just wanting to be a crowd favorite and more of the activity innovators they would be in trouble. And, the rest has been history.

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

When I marched Scouts in the 80s there were corps that were only an after thought in our rear view mirror such as The Cavaliers. When that happened I said then that if Madison didn’t change their philosophy of just wanting to be a crowd favorite and more of the activity innovators they would be in trouble. And, the rest has been history.

When the Bluecoats started to change their show design philosophy circa. 2014 I said that this style of design would have been perfect for the men from Madison. Could totally picture the Scouts doing a “Tilt” or “Kinetic Noise”. The current design team has done nothing to bring this corps into the “now”. This design team has done nothing to make this corps relevant. It’s now painfully obvious given the average age of the corps as well as the talent level of the members, that this has taken a toll on the membership. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

When the Bluecoats started to change their show design philosophy circa. 2014 I said that this style of design would have been perfect for the men from Madison. Could totally picture the Scouts doing a “Tilt” or “Kinetic Noise”. 

Excellent point. Crowds would be going nuts. I would. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

When the Bluecoats started to change their show design philosophy circa. 2014 I said that this style of design would have been perfect for the men from Madison. Could totally picture the Scouts doing a “Tilt” or “Kinetic Noise”. The current design team has done nothing to bring this corps into the “now”. This design team has done nothing to make this corps relevant. It’s now painfully obvious given the average age of the corps as well as the talent level of the members, that this has taken a toll on the membership. Only 17 corps perform on Friday, currently sitting in 15th and not having the Blue Knights in the rankings and the Troopers on their tail, this staff better make some changes and make them now.

Twenty-five corps perform on a Friday. It’s been like that for years now, starting in 2011. It’s ironic how you talk about “relevance” but don’t know that simple fact. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

Twenty-five corps perform on a Friday. It’s been like that for years now. It’s ironic how you talk about “relevance” but don’t know that simple fact. 

Oh good, so we can drop 10 more placements and still not be done on Thursday, lol. 

The puzzling thing to me with this start is that the ED has yet to acknowledge it, and almost half of what is coming out on the Madison Scouts Facebook page is about these lovely leadership camps. First off, the leadership camps fall under FPA, so they should be posting about this, second, why is they such a focus of ours when the organization is in a tailspin. 

CK, I know you read these forums, and you’re dismissing most of the comments as upset old dinosaurs, but step up your game. Show some LEADERSHIP. CK, own up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scouts tried to break the mold with their 2017 show and these same people were freaking out. Change! Oh, but not like that. I actually admired their attempt. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.