Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

On a positive note - was t seems as though the guard has continued to improve and become more competitive as the season has progressed. Their early scores were suggesting a non top 12 caption finish and now their results are much more competitive with those around them 

Cadets have also maintained their slight advantage over the Blue Stars - maintaining that since the premier 

 

Thanks.  This thread turns into a dumpster fire almost daily. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonwoody said:

I am wondering why we do not hear anything about a similar accusation with other corps. Is it because nothing like this ever happens?? ( Not a chance). Do they do a better job hiding it?? Is DCI helping keeps the lid on other accusations and letting the Cadets take all the heat?? If people think the Cadets are the only ones with  this issue then I have some property and bridges to sell you lol. And people should not be SHOCKED by what has happened because it's been going on for DECADES.. Anyone who has been involved in this activity for any length of time knows this is not a new issue. I could list people who might have thought something had happened to their child and first thing they do is run for a lawyer to see how much $$$ they could get out of it.

Please, let's not go there in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Do you believe the situation that showed up in the news won't involve lawyers? Do you believe that parents of MMs currently in the Cadets aren't already acutely aware of said news? 

I thought you were ignoring me? I was even kind enough to omit your name 🙂 

Of course the situation will involve lawyers....duh! The last thing the Cadets need is self-proclaimed experts on DCP pretending to be spokespeople for the corps. This is a highly sensitive issue between the management of the Cadets, some parents, and lawyers. This is not the business of anyone on this site. Let alone a certain person on this site who loves to hear himself speak...mind your own business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

On a positive note - was t seems as though the guard has continued to improve and become more competitive as the season has progressed. Their early scores were suggesting a non top 12 caption finish and now their results are much more competitive with those around them 

Cadets have also maintained their slight advantage over the Blue Stars - maintaining that since the premier 

 

What about that brass number? That looks like big trouble huh? and the visual design judges all placed them 8 of 9. Thank God for the drums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dans said:

Of course the situation will involve lawyers....duh! The last thing the Cadets need is self-proclaimed experts on DCP pretending to be spokespeople for the corps. This is a highly sensitive issue between the management of the Cadets, some parents, and lawyers. This is not the business of anyone on this site. Let alone a certain person on this site who loves to hear himself speak...mind your own business.

giphy.gif

Last I checked, no one was trying to play spokesperson for the corps.

It became the business of the public when it ended up in the news. The public happens to include people posting here. It's fine we don't get to know details, that isn't the business of anyone here. But it seems well within bounds to note that lawyers might be involved in a well-known matter involving the subject of this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dans said:

Whatever. And yes, it was insensitive of you. Thanks for admitting that!

glad you get sarcasm. and no matter what I type, including praise of the Cadets, you never cease to take opportunities to take shots at me. Your agenda is well known.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

I have not gotten any indication they are sweeping this under the rug. Doug made a statement... now they have to follow the process of dealing with the accusations. I have said before... there are gaping holes in the story (not about the incident itself or the member) but by what the parents claimed. Not sure what more you would like them to do at this point (asking for understanding not criticizing your comment).

that comment was made in sarcasm to that poster, not an indictment of how the organization is handling things. I understand how lawyers can drag anything out

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

I am wondering why we do not hear anything about a similar accusation with other corps. Is it because nothing like this ever happens?? ( Not a chance). Do they do a better job hiding it?? Is DCI helping keeps the lid on other accusations and letting the Cadets take all the heat?? If people think the Cadets are the only ones with  this issue then I have some property and bridges to sell you lol. And people should not be SHOCKED by what has happened because it's been going on for DECADES.. Anyone who has been involved in this activity for any length of time knows this is not a new issue. I could list people who might have thought something had happened to their child and first thing they do is run for a lawyer to see how much $$$ they could get out of it.

if it has happened anywhere else, I would imagine the corps have handled everything properly, and all parties are satisfied, and not sending out letters to anyone tied to the corps they can find on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

What about that brass number? That looks like big trouble huh? and the visual design judges all placed them 8 of 9. Thank God for the drums.

I would also be concerned with the .65 drop in score. Largest number of the 9 groups competing in Broken Arrow.

Recent growth, or lack thereof,  over the last week or so is alarming.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dans said:

Of course the situation will involve lawyers....duh! The last thing the Cadets need is self-proclaimed experts on DCP pretending to be spokespeople for the corps. This is a highly sensitive issue between the management of the Cadets, some parents, and lawyers. This is not the business of anyone on this site. Let alone a certain person on this site who loves to hear himself speak...mind your own business.

Who's trying to play spokesperson? You're living in fantasyland

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.