The Cadets 2019

45 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Boy you lose one show to BK and the sky is falling.  What happens if they lose to Blue Stars or Mandarins next?  

Cadets will be fine but they cannot design along the lines of a Dartmouth indoor show.  Sure it works great in the indoor setting, but not on the drum corps stage.  They need to do better.  

True about the design. The sky will be just fine with respect to Cadets placement. The focus right now IN MY OPINION is to maintain stability and members experience. Then they can get back to competing at the top levels again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Do you think they’re conveying that story without explanation? I don’t! 

yeah I watched the show a couple of times or maybe 3 times and I don't get it either. But I am not that sharp on show meaning etc. Then again I am not asking them to explain it to me either. :grouphug:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

45 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Boy you lose one show to BK and the sky is falling.  What happens if they lose to Blue Stars or Mandarins next?  

Cadets will be fine but they cannot design along the lines of a Dartmouth indoor show.  Sure it works great in the indoor setting, but not on the drum corps stage.  They need to do better.  

True about the design. The sky will be just fine with respect to Cadets placement. The focus right now IN MY OPINION is to maintain stability and members experience. Then they can get back to competing at the top levels again. 

But when people say to focus on members’ experience they tend to overlook that a huge portion of that experience is giving them a show they can be proud to have marched.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I see what you did there  :laughing:

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

But when people say to focus on members’ experience they tend to overlook that a huge portion of that experience is giving them a show they can be proud to have marched.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I agree with you and that should be the priority. Since I have no real take on the members feelings I will not make any statement about it. I hope like heck they are proud of themselves and are looking forward to each and every day. 

I did march a show where the corps revolted a little and added their own take during the on field warm up period. That added some relief until we exited the field. 

11 minutes ago, dans said:

So making a statement about lawyers with the Cadets is OK! I'm sure that would not alarm parents.

If only there was a way in the 21st century to contact your kid to ask them how they're doing when they're halfway up the country. Or even better, wouldn't it be great if there was a way to contact the supervisors of the band camp your kid is attending that summer to voice any concerns they may have about certain things that have come up in the news about said camp? Hmm that would be dandy 

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

It seems to me that Cadets have had a steady drop in experience for the past three years now, which may have been exacerbated by C2 being viewed as a feeder corps. There are probably more destination corps than at any time in DCI history right now, and with new corps moving up to WC it may have created a perfect storm for Cadets.

On the contrary, the Cadets members have more experience this year, by far, than either 2017 or 2018.  Experience level has consistently gone up over these 3 years.  The truth is, 2018 and 2019 have been really good as far as member retention are concerned.  Visit a rehearsal, and you can see reasons why.

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If only there was a way in the 21st century to contact your kid to ask them how they're doing when they're halfway up the country. Or even better, wouldn't it be great if there was a way to contact the supervisors of the band camp your kid is attending that summer to voice any concerns they may have about certain things that have come up in the news about said camp? Hmm that would be dandy 

I stand by my statement. Not all parents are well aware of the nuances of this activity. Hearing someone mention the Cadets are dealing with lawyers would be unsettling to some parents...at a minimum. There was absolutely no constructive reason for the poster to make the statement about lawyers...none!

15 minutes ago, dans said:

I stand by my statement. Not all parents are well aware of the nuances of this activity. Hearing someone mention the Cadets are dealing with lawyers would be unsettling to some parents...at a minimum. There was absolutely no constructive reason for the poster to make the statement about lawyers...none!

True and True 

Some parents over react about everything. Mentioning the law is not going to cool those jets for sure. 

• Thanks 1