The Cadets 2019

47 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

I would have to disagree with you here. I think Drew did a much better job with Bridge Over Troubled Water than Academy.

That being said, I'm inclined to believe that the staff chose the ballad and designed the rest of the show to fit. I think this because the staff were itching to program in a Simon & Garfunkel piece after Sound of Silence was cut from the 2018 program.

Not the best way to design a show me thinks lol.

Edited by jonwoody

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the mostly likely range is 9th through 11th - going to be an interesting few weeks

9th! unless they continue to beat the dead horse concept further into the ground, then it could be 11th. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Funny that every season we end up expressing very similar things, me in June and you in late July.

I guess it's all just a little bit of history repeating...

I agree. You in particular called it. I guess I'm the "eternal optimist" 

I'd also add - I *thought* it in April and *said* it in July

Guess I'm a bit more guarded - once I heard the music from the April camp I was very concerned in terms of show arc / transitions and arrangement

The members remain terrific.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

9th! unless they continue to beat the dead horse concept further into the ground, then it could be 11th. 

or 8th if they make some perfect changes and get much cleaner - that's probably the range

• Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, exitmusic said:

I'm so happy that this corps exists and I'm not trying to be a downer, but this is a ninth place show. Hopefully this is a building year and we can see some return to excellence in the years to come!

I'm just here to collect the karma.

• Thanks 1

I could tolerate the over baked concept if there were more musically and visually to grasp onto. I know there are only 3 weeks left but I would love to see some minor drill additions and remove some if the lunging and hopping and snarling, and clean the heck out of the music.

• Like 1

Crowns done a good job of some old and new drill. Maybe Cadets can look into something like that next year. Some awesome music and no voice, singing, skipping and jumping. Some innovative  props and modernize the maroon and gold uniforms. Need to regain their tradition somewhat. They have the talent to handle just about anything thrown at them.

• Like 1