Blue Devils 2019

[mortal kombat voice] FINISH THEM!!! 

• Haha 7

Whoe.. Thank you BD! i was watching and waiting, and my watching and waiting feels lile a paid off tonight but still watching and waiting lol 👀. Respect to Bloooooo they are amazing and not playing around. BD you have to keep that edge and kick it in some more in which i know you will. 

• Like 5

In an earlier post i said i wished they would change the color of the props for better visibility of the CG and ithought maybe black.  As someone pointed out, that wouldn’t work for the MMs much the same reason.  But when watching last nights show on YouTube i realized what Would work: Theater Curtain RED!  Like the drapes on the arms of the 6 guard members who light the Ghostlight ar the opening of the show. It would add GREAT pop to the visual, which is already pretty #### great, and would be in keeping with the theme and the flourishes already in place. And masks for the whole corps finale!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

In an earlier post i said i wished they would change the color of the props for better visibility of the CG and ithought maybe black.  As someone pointed out, that wouldn’t work for the MMs much the same reason.  But when watching last nights show on YouTube i realized what Would work: Theater Curtain RED!  Like the drapes on the arms of the 6 guard members who light the Ghostlight ar the opening of the show. It would add GREAT pop to the visual, which is already pretty #### great, and would be in keeping with the theme and the flourishes already in place. And masks for the whole corps finale!  

A word about the props. The Red curtain rising might be a cool effect. That effect could certainly be done as it would be the same effect that BD used a couple of years back when the corps was on the backside of the field and they used a giant blue tarp covering the corps.  When I first saw the current props at BD Family day, they appeared to be bare plywood and they looked ugly. If you look at them now in recent videos, they have been painted, They appear to be a streaked multi color and I think the effect they are trying to create is the "Fog" or "Smoke" that you see in their trailer. Notice when the doors open, they are dark black which provides the contrast.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I thought those naughty little Devils had a good run but not great. Consistency! Must have consistency in performance. 

This race to the end will be all about who has the best run on finals night and I don't know any corps that finishes stronger than BD on the last day of the season. It has taken incredible performances and shows to beat BD

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This race to the end will be all about who has the best run on finals night and I don't know any corps that finishes stronger than BD on the last day of the season. It has taken incredible performances and shows to beat BD

So here’s to a finals filled with incredible performances! Slainte! 

• Like 1

That hornline’s growth in confidence over the last week is pretty astonishing. I’ve been hard on them this season but both times this weekend my problem areas — big Britney hit, big ballad hit, that tricky section in the closer when the full hornline picks up the melody from the soloists — sounded more assertive, much more clearly articulated, and LOUDER than they have all season. The bari feature in the second movement still sounds a little fuzzy to me, but I know they’re working hard on it. I still think the upper brass sound a bit coarse ... but I know they’re working hard on that, too. 

As for the guard, what can I say. Magnifique! But Boston Crusaders are no effing joke this year; they have the more traditionally difficult show and rise to the challenge like champions. They’ve got that super-rare rock star Escapade energy, IMO. BD is just as talented, but their style is about softness, elegance, making it fluid, making it look incredibly easy. Whereas BC is strolling in with every other guard’s head on pikes and saying “Who’s next?” It’ll be a fight to the finish. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 6

Looks like BD is taking it on the chin in music analysis. Is there anything they can do to fix this, and is there something specifically in the show causing the 4th place finish? Or is it pretty much a done deal regarding that caption? 

Also i noticed that Bloo is outperforming their book in alot of subcaptions. Does that mean the judges are telling Bloo the show is too easy right now, like playing a video game on easy level, and dominating? Can that catch up with Bloo in two weeks?