Pioneer Member Rant

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Your initial argument seemed to be that DCI was allowing them to compete in WC when they are more competitively aligned with the OC corps isn their scoring range. Now you are jumping to DCI membership which again wasn't the argument you were making to start with. The fact is that being allowed to compete in WC has way more to do with finances than it does competitiveness. Yes, they also look at the strength of the organization as a whole. Your initial argument seemed to be a rant on them being in the wrong class competitively, if that wasn't the case then I think we can move on.

Scores have nothing to do with class and hasn’t for years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Pioneer was notified last week that they were suspended, but Blenski denied that to Ms Nadolny.

He sounds like he'll be a really trustworthy partner in fixing the situation....

Need a spit take added to the like button

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BigW said:

Basically we tried to get them to stop the #### but more and more came out and boom

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Pioneer was notified last week that they were suspended, but Blenski denied that to Ms Nadolny.

He sounds like he'll be a really trustworthy partner in fixing the situation....

If the corps is to survive he needs to go

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Basically we tried to get them to stop the #### but more and more came out and boom

Keep thinking of the cliche that starts: If you give someone enough rope.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

If the corps is to survive he needs to go

I think that's a foregone conclusion. Any sort of rescue operation will involve YEA level housecleaning, with the entire BOD resigning and a new management team in place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slingerland said:

I think that's a foregone conclusion. Any sort of rescue operation will involve YEA level housecleaning, with the entire BOD resigning and a new management team in place. 

And honestly they were told and still failed. I hear a Phantom 08 “die” yell is needed

Pioneer is done. Cadets were able to survive due to a large and active alumni community. Pioneer doesn't have that. I would love to be wrong and see some people step up and make something out of this awful situation but I don't see it happening.

Edited by Spatzzz

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Scores have nothing to do with class and hasn’t for years

Exactly. Music City was allowed to move up to World Class Division from Open Class, yet was scoring lower in the Open Class than other Open Class Corps.