Pioneer Member Rant

Just now, BRASSO said:

We really don't know this at the moment, imo.

Even if the suspension was handed out yesterday with everything that is involved with making this type of decision I would say they moved pretty quickly. Especially with this (unfortunately) being new territory for them. We can all complain about their lack of resolve in looking at these issues in the past and rightfully so but in this case, using newly implemented processes for the first time I give them credit.

Sure we would all like to see an accusation made, investigated and action taken nearly immediately but that just isn't realistic.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I am happy she's on the case, i know she slammed with the Archdiocese story in Philly.  

Roman knew. No way he was suspended and wasn’t told 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

DCI took its time, looked at the accusations and acted. Would this type of action occurred even last year? Who knows but this is encouraging moving forward. To those that wanted immediate action the day the accusations hit the social media sites you are being unrealistic in your expectations. DCI has to be more methodical than the social media outrage brigade that runs around with pitchfork and fire screaming at the top of their lungs.

Kudos to DCI.

The action I wanted was for dci to do something, anything even investigating. And they did 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So Pioneer Members complain to DCI (in general) & Dan A. (in specific) & nothing happens

Pioneer Alumni complain to DCI (in general) & Dan A. (in specific) & nothing happens

Major message threads & discussion  on DCP & nothing happens

Major message threads & discussion on Reddit & nothing happens

Tricia Nadolny sends Dan A. a tweet & Presto!  Pioneer is suspended (whatever that means)

Nothing happened? There’s reports that meetings were held st San Antonio after the first Reddit #### storm hit. Gotta know facts before you pull the trigger 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Even if the suspension was handed out yesterday with everything that is involved with making this type of decision I would say they moved pretty quickly. Especially with this (unfortunately) being new territory for them. We can all complain about their lack of resolve in looking at these issues in the past and rightfully so but in this case, using newly implemented processes for the first time I give them credit.

Sure we would all like to see an accusation made, investigated and action taken nearly immediately but that just isn't realistic.

In my opinion, DCI acted slower than maple syrup formation on the sap of Vermont trees... and for years regarding Pioneer. This Corps, imo, should have been sent to Open Class by DCI HQ. YEARS ago. They have no business remaining all these years in the World Class Division, and getting the financial benefits ( appearance fees) that go to that DCI Division placement. I see no nobility in having marchers in a Corps compete in a competition division where last place finishes for that Corps is more guaranteed each and every season than snow falling from the skies in Feb. in Vermont. Shame on DCI HQ for being so slow to act re. Division placement alone with Pioneer, imo. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony Flores said:

for context...here is policy 321

44130812472_95dd487bd7_b.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to C&P this, so I'm glad you did.

This, hopefully, will correct any thoughts about what DCI can and should do to "suspended" corps.  (I those making a big deal out of the nomenclature "Probation" vs. "Suspension" are making a distinction with no, real relevance.  Both mean the same in DCI-land.)

39 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

DCI took its time, looked at the accusations and acted. Would this type of action occurred even last year? Who knows but this is encouraging moving forward. To those that wanted immediate action the day the accusations hit the social media sites you are being unrealistic in your expectations. DCI has to be more methodical than the social media outrage brigade that runs around with pitchfork and fire screaming at the top of their lungs.

Kudos to DCI.

First off,if it wasn't for the GH situation ,and the publicity surrounding it,I don't know how Pioneer would have been handled.

Especially since the problems don't appear to be recent.

I don't  know how DCI handled this,as far as timing.

Given the severity of the problems at Pioneer,I would think that,just for PR,once DCI started looking into this they would have 

made some type of public announcement that they were conducting an investigation.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

In my opinion, DCI acted slower than maple syrup formation on the sap of Vermont trees... and for years regarding Pioneer. This Corps, imo, should have been sent to Open Class by DCI HQ. YEARS ago. They have no business remaining all these years in the World Class Division, and getting the financial benefits ( appearance fees) that go to that DCI Division placement. I see no nobility in having marchers in a Corps compete in a competition division where last place finishes for that Corps is more guaranteed each and every season than snow falling from the skies in Feb. in Vermont. Shame on DCI HQ for being so slow to act re. Division placement alone with Pioneer, imo. 

Now you are making a competitive argument which isn't what this discussion is about. In fact corps are allowed to place themselves in the competitive class they feel the want to compete in DCI has no say other than to make sure they are financially able to take on a WC tour. In this case being in open class would not have prevented the mistreatment of the members so I don't see your argument as one that has any value to the current situation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

There were accusations on Reddit dating to at least the 2017 season.  Granted this was pre-GH, but the Pioneer "Troubles" hardly could have been a surprise to DCI.