2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

It’s going to be a cat fight. 

"Ladies and gentlemen... The BLUECATS!"

Image result for beatles cats

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Broken Arrow! Are you ready to rumble!?!

Im so excited. The top 3 could be as close as .5. Maybe even a first place tie!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

Any confirmation on changes hitting the field tonight?  It was alluded to several days ago that some were coming, but I haven't heard that anything has changed.

56 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Any confirmation on changes hitting the field tonight?  It was alluded to several days ago that some were coming, but I haven't heard that anything has changed.

from the video I saw there were changes made and the run looked a little sloppy in spots and they still popped an 88.4.  with another day of work on the changes I am sure they will be fine tonight

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

from the video I saw there were changes made and the run looked a little sloppy in spots and they still popped an 88.4.  with another day of work on the changes I am sure they will be fine tonight

from the vid I watched it seemed as if they attenuated some of the phrases - making some phrases more tight --

the opening hit was noticeably more marcato --

why did we lose the blackbird soloist's feather crown?

current ending is really tight and smoking - my hope is that the current ending is a feint and we're going to get a reprise with some fast drill -- or a new tune altogether with a very satisfying push that gets the entire audience engaged and signing along..... hmm.... I wonder what that could be....🤔

Edited by tedrick
lose not loose
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, tedrick said:

from the vid I watched it seemed as if they attenuated some of the phrases - making some phrases more tight --

why did we loose the blackbird soloist's feather crown?

current ending is really tight and smoking - my hope is that the current ending is a feint and we're going to get a reprise with some fast drill -- or a new tune altogether with a very satisfying push that gets the entire audience engaged and signing along..... hmm.... I wonder what that could be....🤔

The "A Day in the Life" cacophony leading up to the big piano chord?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tedrick said:

why did we loose the blackbird soloist's feather crown?

“Here’s another clue for you all. The walrus was Paul.” And Paul wrote that possible song that you possibly mentioned for a possible closer. (The same song which is listed in their program but does not (yet) appear in the show.) It all fits!

I do not miss the cranial plumage in “Blackbird”. That headdress was a touch too much. I sat in the top row in Olathe and caught some bits of the judges’ critiques. One of them was very fond of the current outfit worn in “Blackbird”, along with the white cage.

Given that Paul wrote “Blackbird” in support of the civil rights movement in America, I really appreciated the guard work at the end of the piece. 

What happened to the timpani in Olathe? Did I somehow miss it?