Pioneer Suspended by DCI

18 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

The placement of the social media connections atop the Pioneer announcement make me cringe.

An F for Facebook, followed by You (tube).

Egads. 

Those icons are part of the overall website design, not exclusive to the statement.

55 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Ugh. Just ugh. Other than the second paragraph, there is absolutely nothing in that statement that is a: optically good or b: convincing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Pio's response:

Sure does not look like they are throwing in the towel or plan on making any top down changes. This will be interesting how everything proceeds from here,

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

If a certain individual did not correct much of the info on a Facebook  and set it straight this past summer, FB might be worthless. You can pat yourself on the back, Mr. Ream, until the next time you correct me.:bigsmile:

nah, no need. i'm an ### to everyone :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I can't speak for anyone with DCA... but I gotta figure, given the current situation, DCA would not accept Pioneer in the circuit. 

At the very least, I certainly hope that would be the case.

no way in hell. you can say anything you want about DCA, and a chunk of it is probably true, but no way they'd let them in

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

if DCi suspended them, they can disagree all they want. denial, not a river in Wisconsin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yeah, after reading that statement, I think Roman should resign before things only get worse for Pio. It's become all too clear that this organization has not lived up to the promises that he outlined.

its equal to the original YEA statement in stupidity

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I agree but lets be honest....nobody was talking Pioneer until this story came up.

Not quite. Problems were known of for years but kind of walked around like a mine field. People hoping they'd fix the buses, finally retain a staff and members, etc.

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

Do they really teach though? Like do they actually teach the fundamentals of how to play the horn or do they just teach kids how to play the notes in the show. There is a big difference there.

Just curious.

I think you would have to ask someone who went in completely wet behind the ears. Pioneer does pride itself on finding a place for everyone, and this is laudable. It does pride itself on being family, but is there a drum corps that does not see itself as a family? It’s probably the most common adjective used by a corps to describe the camaraderie. 

The response is not surprising. Perhaps what is surprising is that RB did not do a better job at editing or have someone else write the letter. He should probably have said something along the lines of  “DCI has suspended Pioneer pending an investigation. We plan on cooperating with DCI in this process. Our goal is to provide a family like corps with opportunities for all, and we believe DCI’s recommendations will help us in this regard.” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

“DCI has suspended Pioneer pending an investigation. We plan on cooperating with DCI in this process. Our goal is to provide a family like corps with opportunities for all, and we believe DCI’s recommendations will help us in this regard.” 

Well put. Churchillian. :worthy:

Too much trying to dance between the mines in the minefield in the original.