Pioneer Suspended by DCI

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

OT & FYI:  GA schools mostly return in mid-August. There were a number of seasons where The Kids had to miss a week of school (one time, 2 weeks) due to DCI Tour.

This year, kids here in SE Georgia went back to school August 2nd.  So ridiculous.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But will RB let go of what legal pieces that tie him to the corps? He might decide to stay as head of a corps with no members and no DCI connections. But still with the equipment .

And who has rights to the name?

Drop the Pioneer name, modernize, and bring back The Thing. :thumbup:

• Haha 3

If a corps can survive (and thrive) what was going on at the Cadets org why not Pioneer org?  What happened here PALES in the bigger context.  That begs the question why weren't the Cadets org on probation for worse things?  Hopefully they will take swift and corrective action.  Being competitive while important isn't everything.  It's funny but the a bad taste of RAMD seems to be getting more rampant here at DCP.  Lets see what happens after some light is shown.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But will RB let go of what legal pieces that tie him to the corps? He might decide to stay as head of a corps with no members and no DCI connections. But still with the equipment .

And who has rights to the name?

They also own a big chunk of land with facilities and a practice field. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

If a corps can survive (and thrive) what was going on at the Cadets org why not Pioneer org?  What happened here PALES in the bigger context.  That begs the question why weren't the Cadets org on probation for worse things?  Hopefully they will take swift and corrective action.  Being competitive while important isn't everything.  It's funny but the a bad taste of RAMD seems to be getting more rampant here at DCP.  Lets see what happens after some light is shown.

I would have to go back and look at the timeline, DCI did step in quickly, but the former director was already gone and I believe the board may have already resigned. Cadets had people ready to step up to the plate, and at the late April camp, a corps was in place. Probation was a wise decision because we saw movement in the right direction. Information released later today pointed out that DCI had concerns with Pioneer since last year, and things went from bad to worse. I also don’t think Pioneer would have the resource of an alumni base that could do for Pioneer what Cadets alumni did for the corps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Roman probably thought he could tip his hat out of it

One "nice" thing, if you care to think of it that way, about the George Hopkins scandal and this business with Pioneer, is that, unlike some other (non drum corps) stories out there, I don't think that I'm going to still be trying to convince skeptical people two years from now that Hopkins really was an abuser or that Blenski actually was recklessly neglectful. Those dams have broken, the truth is out there, and there will be no machine denying it forever. It's positively refreshing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Your cynicism is warranted, but the pdf of the letter sent to RB is making the rounds, so he knew when he answered her that it was a lie.

Receipts are good. Do share, Alexis!

tenor.gif?itemid=5350693

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Drop the Pioneer name, modernize, and bring back The Thing:thumbup:

Honestly I feel REAL old now that I actually know what you mean...

• Like 1