Uh Uh Oh Oh Cadets

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No heart palpitations please. 

Listen to Madison twice then the first part backward, works every time.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Pope was in Ireland this weekend deflecting and dancing around the topic.

For levity sounds like some Music City Art in play here. Maybe next years show, oh wrong thread! Sorry for poking fun at the pope I am Catholic also. Lately, I wonder if the Pope is? 

Your too frequent potshots at religion for whatever motivations as well as by other posters takes a European political matter and tries to apply it to drum corps while doing nothing to help the victims or improve the situations. Yet it is you who always present yourself as infallible or attempt to be the alpha-male on DCP imo. There are more police cases of sexual abuse of minors among public school teachers and Protestant ministers  than against Catholic clergy, many of whom were sent of to secluded minor seminaries at age 13 and never fully matured sexually.. (cf. the Huffington Post article about the stats of public school teachers and Protestant clergy.)

I'll be off DCP probably by October first if not sooner. It really has sadly drifted to low-life-ville this year.

Edited by xandandl

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Your too frequent potshots at religion for whatever motivations as well as by other posters takes a European political matter and tries to apply it to drum corps while doing nothing to help the victims or improve the situations. Yet it is you who always present yourself as infallible or attempt to be the alpha-male on DCP imo. There are more police cases of sexual abuse of minors among public school teachers and Protestant ministers  than against Catholic clergy, many of whom were sent of to secluded minor seminaries at age 13 and never fully matured sexually.. (cf. the Huffington Post article about the stats of public school teachers and Protestant clergy.)

I'll be off DCP probably by October first. It really has drifted to low-life-ville this year.

Umm, I can't tell to whom this is directed. The OP?

And is there something magical about October 1st?  Just curious...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'll be off DCP probably by October first. It really has drifted to low-life-ville this year.

Um, but this guy was a priest.  There was only one direction to go here.  

Look, I sent my kid to 12 years of Catholic education.  No problems.  We can’t ignore that there is a problem however. 

But you are correct about what is happening in public schools:  http://graphics.chicagotribune.com/chicago-public-schools-sexual-abuse/

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

agree - I'm really not sure we need these overly dramatic hype thread titles

unless the goal is to give us all heart palpitations 

Agree but look what sells, The stealing thread was not about stealing was hard to kill. Lots of other examples and we have a common interest. Those bots that pull up all the negative is a bigger issue than the issue in this case.

Look how our "rookie of the year" SWriverstone planted his landmine in the "epic Musical fail" thread, hasn't posted since Aug 17. The thread is still going what 35 pages. How long would an "I Love SCV" thread stayed on the front page. 

His by-line: there's a well-known and studied psychological phenomenon called the mere-exposure effect. We're part of a thesis. 

there's a well-known and studied psychological phenomenon called DCP/dci/drum corps and how we think is being studied. The whole internet is a game with all kinds of demons.  I am not trying to set rules at DCP but if the OP abandoned the thread ten days ago? 

• Like 1

Googled "pennlive Don Cramer" to read what was first reported in the Harrisburg paper. Pennlive being the online edition. Has list of Harrisburg diocese priests and Cramer part way down. Interesting part is paper says Homeland Security checked the pc and nothing illegal was found. But in the tweets here it says a forensic check did reveal.... So what changed between 8/1 and now or did the original report drop the ball.

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Fair point.. although the lines get a bit blurred as at the moment as Doug Rutherford currently wears 2 hats. One with Cadets and one with Cadets 2. As such, maybe he reported this to the 2 Organizations, ie DCA and DCI. But this is a newly developing story, with most likely lots more info to come out, imo.  Right now, at this moment,  there is no indication that the Cadets failed to do things properly here.

It is better right now to over-report than under-report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

But in the tweets here it says a forensic check did reveal...

We may never know. Today a good background check would include most everything in a forensic check. The question is how far does a dci level background check need to go before it's an invasion of privacy?

In business these types of checks where your passwords & physicals are required only kick in for upper management positions that will oversee large parts of the business. You want to make the dough you need to submit or someone else will.

Do the staff/touring volunteers need this type of vetting? Not for me to decide but it would be prudent for the powers to be thinking along these lines as a way to address the safety issue.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Your too frequent potshots at religion for whatever motivations as well as by other posters takes a European political matter and tries to apply it to drum corps while doing nothing to help the victims or improve the situations. 

Who are you addressing?