“Failure to Protect”

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

while I was willing to give Morrison a pass when he resigned from the board spot, finding out he hired a company to try and make the issue disappear from public record is a game changer to me. It's like paying off a former mistress to hide it from your wife. it's shady, it's unethical, and it reveals a serious lapse in judgement.

Same here the recent revelation did him in. Highlight from linked press release below. How does this statement make any sense.

He wanted the board to be able to continue the important work of improving the policies and procedures to safeguard all participants in the DCI community. Morrison wrote, "Although done with a very heavy heart, I believe this is the appropriate course of action rather than have my decisions within my own corps continue to be a distraction to the DCI family." 

How is holding on to his full time job in drum corps still not a distraction? In that capacity he is dealing directly with the kids, unless we find out otherwise it's not the BOD that is at risk here or needs protection..

https://www.dci.org/news/kathy-black-elected-new-dci-board-of-directors-chair

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

while I was willing to give Morrison a pass when he resigned from the board spot, finding out he hired a company to try and make the issue disappear from public record is a game changer to me. 

This was precisely my sentiments on this as well. The first action he took was bad enough ( the hire ). But the apparent  hiring of a firm to try and bury the guys sleazy record from the public ( ie, parents of prospective marchers of the Crossmen ) was a " game changer " for me as well. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCVNVET said:

This is for (cixelsyd) regarding you previous post regarding the Kilties YouTube performances. I think I know where you might have been going regarding ML and the performance at a Racine HS football game.  WI State Law [S. 301.475] prohibits Registered Sex Offenders from being on any school premises unless the offender first notifies the school. The sex offender must notify designated school officials of the specific dates/times of the visit and his or her status as a sex offender.  

I may be mistaken, but as far as this particular video, I think that was from a Racine Raiders (adult minor league football) game that was held at Horlick Field and not at a specific high school in Racine (although I don't know offhand if that facility is owned by the city of Racine or the local school district). During my time in that corps, we typically performed at halftime for one of those games each year.

Again, I may be mistaken- the video's buried a number of pages back and hard to find immediately. If someone can point me to a page, I can review and confirm.

50 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

This is for (cixelsyd) regarding you previous post regarding the Kilties YouTube performances. I think I know where you might have been going regarding ML and the performance at a Racine HS football game.  WI State Law [S. 301.475] prohibits Registered Sex Offenders from being on any school premises unless the offender first notifies the school. The sex offender must notify designated school officials of the specific dates/times of the visit and his or her status as a sex offender.  Violation of this section of the law is punishable as a  Class H Felony.  BTW because of ML's lifetime registration status he has to check in every 90 days at the local jurisdiction he resides in  for the rest of his life.  As far as the 2015 Jim Ott Brass performance at I believe Prelims  I believe the Indiana Statute indicates he must register as a SO within seven days .  The registration requirements from State to State vary.  This info is all public record.

Thanks for this information.  Earlier, I pointed out similar laws in Illinois, another state where Kilties performed at a show on a school property. 

The 2012 "home show", captured on video, was also on a school property ("EAGLES" would be Case HS), and Morgan Larson is plainly visible in the video (and announced as brass staff). 

The more of these dots we can connect, the more it establishes about this sordid affair.  

6 minutes ago, Galen said:

I may be mistaken, but as far as this particular video, I think that was from a Racine Raiders (adult minor league football) game that was held at Horlick Field and not at a specific high school in Racine (although I don't know offhand if that facility is owned by the city of Racine or the local school district). During my time in that corps, we typically performed at halftime for one of those games each year.

Again, I may be mistaken- the video's buried a number of pages back and hard to find immediately. If someone can point me to a page, I can review and confirm.

That one is moot anyway, because Larson was not in that video (2013).

I will try to link to the 2012 "home show" video mentioned in my previous post:

20 minutes ago, Galen said:

As a teacher in district:

It is owned by the district

• Thanks 1

Bear with me while I post (from my phone, ugh) a couple of seemingly mundane tweets that could be more revealing than most realize.

1. Today, Tricia posted this 2-tweet thread regarding a little back and forth she is getting from the DCI BoD and Dan.

• Like 1

2. Almost immediately after that she retweeted a retweet of her post. Some people retweet their retweets. Tricia is not normally one of them. What might be so special here? 

Well, This retweet was Marisa Kwiatkowski. An award winning investigative journalist with the Indianapolis Star. A key part of the team at Indy Star that is responsible for breaking through on USA Gymnastics' utter failures.

Make of it what you will.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That one is moot anyway, because Larson was not in that video (2013).

I will try to link to the 2012 "home show" video mentioned in my previous post:

OK, that was from a season I didn't march, and yes, that does look like Case HS on the west side of town. We tended to alternate between Case and Horlick during my time there. This would have been the first weekend of August, when the school's there were probably still on summer vakay. 

Bingo the cat is out of the bag!  The only way the cancer is going to be cut out is by pressing till the people who's 401k's appear to be in jeopardy start ratting each other out.  It's the heat and light theory of management. Feel the heat see the light.

• Like 1