I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

People being quietly removed from their positions doesn’t make me feel better.  It reminds me of another institution shuffling people around

As long as they're being removed because they're a poor job fit, that's fine. If they're being shifted around to hide things from public view...not so good. 

56 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Who's in? Not me, and this is why:

jvG4bJj.jpg

This.

Edited by tesmusic

8 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

As long as they're being removed because they're a poor job fit, that's fine. If they're being shifted around to hide things from public view...not so good. 

What shifting around do you mean? No one is "shifting" anyone I don't believe. The Catholic Church shifted priests but that was shifting within a very large organization (for lack of a better term).  A corps isn't able to "shift" anyone to another corps.

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

And I believe some people have been quietly removed from their positions.  My hope is that in those instances, it gets reported in some way that there are "improprieties" or questionable ethics concerns, that are health and safety in nature, that are flagged to prospective hiring orgs.  In the land of HR and lawyers, care must be taken when providing a reference or background info on a person you have relieved of their position or role.

communication amongst organizations or through DCI would be the big improvement.  But no matter what, all change in the world of Drum Corps MUST begin at the corps level.  DCI.org, must then follow the prescribed actions directed by the member corps.

in some cases, as it has been told to me, there were enough rumors, even if no one came forward, that the wise choice was to slip into the darkness. And I think they know in the world today, coming back and trying to get back in is only going to make life hell. Some people may not want to come forward because they've just moved on in life and don't want to go back and relive those feelings all over again. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

People being quietly removed from their positions doesn’t make me feel better.  It reminds me of another institution shuffling people around.

the key is they aren't landing elsewhere. I know someone who could make a case against someone, and just doesn't want to go back there personally. They made it known enough to get that person out of the game, and that was enough for them

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

What shifting around do you mean? No one is "shifting" anyone I don't believe. The Catholic Church shifted priests but that was shifting within a very large organization (for lack of a better term).  A corps isn't able to "shift" anyone to another corps.

My response probably should have been phrased differently. It's a been a h### week. What I meant to get across is that if DCI/DCA and member corps were moving people along that were questionable so that they were no longer involved in the activity, that was fine. 

I would rather these thing be handled publicly since 1) It shows recognition and accountability and 2) creates neutral PR at worst and sometimes even a little positive PR and 3) Back alley shady dealings of "problems" have a tendency to bite you in the ### if you aren't smart and careful and DCI is neither smart nor careful. 

Now, if somehow DCI was just shifting folks around to different positions so they weren't in the line light, then now I have a huge issue. Has it happened? Not that I'm aware of. My point was that it had BETTER not. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Good grief. Care to enlighten me? 

Think I read it the same way, had a go back a couple of quotes to see it’s a pro-dc pic...