Best EARLY SEASON show/corps that ending up NOT winning?

22 hours ago, TRacer said:

Politics at play the next night when DA made a surprise appearance in the judging box; our judging tapes reflected it. GR is beyond livid, so much so he has white t-shirts made the following year with an “85” crossed out by a large red “circle slash”. 

’87 as described previously. GR is beaucoup livid. Surprisingly, he lives. 

Casting has begun for the future movie.  DA will be played by Roger Goodell and GR by Bob Kraft.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, Jeffe77 said:

Apparently, this morphed from the OT, to the 1988 Madison Scouts Topic, so DCP. LOL!!  :bleah:  :offtopic: :bigsmile:

Yeah, no doubt. Party my fault. Madison 1988 is interesting discussion. As it relates to this topic I think it came up because many feel Blue Devils 1988 were one of the better early-season corps to not win. Some feel SCV 1988 deserved to be in that discussion as well. While I did love SCV 88, I never felt they were in the championship hunt but a solid 2nd place corps. Fantastic show of course!!! 

11 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, no doubt. Party my fault. Madison 1988 is interesting discussion. As it relates to this topic I think it came up because many feel Blue Devils 1988 were one of the better early-season corps to not win. Some feel SCV 1988 deserved to be in that discussion as well. While I did love SCV 88, I never felt they were in the championship hunt but a solid 2nd place corps. Fantastic show of course!!!  

Hey J; here is how it should actually read: Madison 1988 is interesting discussion. As it relates to this topic I think it came up because many feel Blue Devils 1988 were one of the better early-season corps to not win. Some feel SCV 1988 deserved to be in that discussion as well. While I did love Scouts 88, I never felt they were in the championship hunt but a solid 3rd to 5th place corps. Fantastic show of course!!! 😏

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hey J; here is how it should actually read: Madison 1988 is interesting discussion. As it relates to this topic I think it came up because many feel Blue Devils 1988 were one of the better early-season corps to not win. Some feel SCV 1988 deserved to be in that discussion as well. While I did love Scouts 88, I never felt they were in the championship hunt but a solid 3rd to 5th place corps. Fantastic show of course!!! 😏

You just can't give it up can you Stu?  Has this been keeping you up for 30+ years?  Even those who thought the Boston Crusaders should have won the 67 AL Nationals over the Chicago Cavaliers stopped complaining decades ago.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:22 PM, TRacer said:

SCV 84/85/87/88. In ‘84 SCV won its home show for the first time ever over BD and tore up the competition in DATR, WW...come Semis, we’re late to the stadium and we relive the ‘82 prelims nightmare. We gave it away at Semis. Tim S. apologizes to us at 11:30 that night on behalf of the staff for screwing up two ways: (1) being late and (2) not writing a hard enough show because they utterly underestimated the talent we had because so many “long time” vets had gone off to do the Summer Olympics Band. He capped it with the best off-the-cuff inspirational speech and the result is the Finals tape. Observers told us our Finals run through was actually better.

Hadda feel for the dozen or more SCVers who moved to BD after 83...they STILL never won the PP show!

We were on a mission after Whitewater...we were REALLY tired of losing....#### near pulled it out.

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

You just can't give it up can you Stu?  Has this been keeping you up for 30+ years?  Even those who thought the Boston Crusaders should have won the 67 AL Nationals over the Chicago Cavaliers stopped complaining decades ago.

"Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap"— a joke which dates back to 1900 BC. It was funny then; it is still funny now. So stop taking the Scouts 88 postings as complaining, and start seeing them for what they really are. :satisfied:

12 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Not gonna go through 11 pages...but did anyone mention 84 BD?

Asking for 127 friends.

I have said this before and i will say again............La Fiesta is baddest piece of music to ever grace a football field. Everyone in the 84 BD hornline are Gods, and i am not worthy to be in your presence. 

23 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Not gonna go through 11 pages...but did anyone mention 84 BD?

Asking for 127 friends.

I didn’t...the Red Team was in your way. :blow: