Muncie, IN - Friday, June 28, 2019

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

OR.....they might

That's why I said likely 🙂 I just think there's not much meat in the Bluecoats show. The props are way too much and clutter the field. Take the props away, and the rest of the visuals just aren't as good as SCV, BD, Crown or Cavies. In fact, there's not much there and the props distract people from that fact. But, musically it is one of my favorite shows of the year for sure. I'm cray for it. We'll see though. Crown just floored me and I wasn't expecting it. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

eh - don't think they have the guard to beat Coats, at least not yet

With as close as the guard was to Boston a few nights ago, it may not be as far off as you'd expect. I think they have a very nice book, especially compared to the past 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Eh Bostons showing guard isn't everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B-Flat said:

I have not one clue what Tilt, Downside up, or Jagged line was about and I enjoyed all of those.  Matter of fact, I have not understood Through a Looking Glass Darkly one freaking time, but it doesn't matter as those were good shows.

The deeper meaning honestly means very little, as it really comes down to for each its own.

Truth be told, I don't know what anyone's show is about much. Blue Stars La Rev (or whatever it was called) did me in. I'm just not researching or reading a novel to learn what a show is about. And anything can be a metaphor for anything.

I just like good drill, great design, good playing and great guard work. That's all I care about. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

That's my one criticism of crown - the props. But, that music, that drill, that guard book, that brass book, that percussion book. It's all there. Killer on all levels that I really care about.

I usually agree with you and I do here,  except that guard book? I’m all over the guards right now and  It appears to be not top 4 in difficulty. And it’s not featured enough which will hurt them. Assuming everyone is performing cleanly by the end, content will matter a lot. 

Edited by Den8uml

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Coats guard is definitely better than Crowns. 100%. But, I think Crown will take them in brass for sure, so those will offset. It will all come down to the other captions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YoungMusician said:

I think Bloo has shown that they can add to a show in incredible ways. It’ll be close, Crown is coming in hot. But Bloo, to me, has the show, and they don’t seem to have a weak spot caption wise. They are very complete this year.

Bluecoats are also excellent.  They've come out hot before, and been burned by Finals.  No doubt they are planning the timing of their additions very carefully to avoid a repeat of that this season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

I usually agree with you and I do except that guard book? I’m all over the guards right now and  It appears not top 4 in difficulty. Assuming everyone is performing cleanly by the end, content will matter a lot. 

Yeah, ok, my bad. I am just so freaking excited over what I just saw that I'm just spewing. Yes, I agree with you about their guard. Crown's guard that is. No, you are right. That's their achilles heel right now. How much that hurts them in the end, who knows, but I love everything else, and even their guard - despite the fact that I agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1