Menomonie, WI - Sunday, July 7, 2019

Blue Stars are doing more actual drill than any other corps again this year, but the show doesn't seem to be connecting in the same way last years did.

• Like 1

Just now, Poppycock said:

It's past April Fools day but Lucas being the fashion critic is here to judge the worst fashion trends of 2019 and has put Blue Stars at the top of his list. The consensus is we like the show but the jungle Jim and costumes need to be better thought out. 

Dunno what the thoughts are at the house, but I think the uniforms would be 85% better without those uggs. ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

This I my problem with it too.  it's so far over there on the side of the field, and sort of infrequently used as far as I can tell, as the camera never seems to go there.  I guess it's the mountains in the distance, but ...yeah as a design point, it seems underused and out of sight for all that they've put into building it.

If it were any nearer the 50 people would complain about it being an obstruction to their view and closing off the field for more field coverage. Designers just can't win. :4_joy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Hopefully they can get the injuries and illness all cleared up before the regionals begin. 
Aren't they wearing marching shoes with covers over them to make them resemble winter boots?

Just like last year their wearing spats

• Like 1

I liked Crossmen more than Blue Stars.  I also feel the Crossmen hit their theme more than Stars.  With a show like Call of the Wild, I expected like wolves, bears and you know what all over the field (tongue in cheek of course). They should have named the show something else. Loved the actual drill though!

Just now, Incognito365 said:

If it were any nearer the 50 people would complain about it being an obstruction to their view and closing off the field for more field coverage. Designers just can't win. :4_joy:

Eh. I think they could move it the yards over and maybe have a moment where the entire guard is on it doing something awesome or something. That would sell its use to me.