How do the Cadets right the ship?

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Unless he was tried in a court of law and it was proven that he DID know, I am presuming he didn't. He shouldn't be found guilty of anything in the court of public opinion. 

Here's the thing about the court of public opinion though: it doesn't follow the sames rules as the court of law 

Just saying 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Here's the thing about the court of public opinion though: it doesn't follow the sames rules as the court of law 

Just saying 

Sometimes the court of public opinion be ######, and do the right thing.

I haven't heard anyone before tonight suggest that Tom Aungst should be disqualified from working with the Cadets.

Doug Rutherford was DM under Hopkins. Is that bad optics?

Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some of the best instructors and designers in the business are "Golden Age" Cadets and are working with other groups. Why is that? Because no one wanted to work for GH. GH is gone.

YEA needs to decide that it's time for these folks to come home. Staffs win championships. Our championships also created great staffs... for other corps.

Namely:

• Bluecoats' visual co-caption heads (yes, both)
  • Bluecoats' brass caption head
  • Vanguard's guard caption head
  • Boston's brass arranger
  • Boston's artistic director
  • Boston's drill designer
  • (About half of the rest of Boston's staff)
  • Crown's drill designer
  • Crown's brass arranger
  • Crown's percussion ensemble coordinator
  • (About half of Crown's visual staff)
  • Phantom's brass caption head
  • Etc, etc.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Cadets are fine. Going through a transition. It is a marathon not a race. And Tom Aungst is part of the solution for sure. This year a great group is carrying.. our torch... for the future. Turning a corps around requires money after a large hole dug over many years due to fiscal mismanagment in a tough niche entertainment market where resources can be limited but turned around on a dime as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Just saying 

Fortunately, not everyone has to listen to the court of public opinion. 

• Like 1

"Right the ship." LOL

So many drum corps would love to have their ship as wrong as the Cadets' supposedly is.

Not saying that even the most accomplished corps don't have their issues, but I hope I can be forgiven for saving the rending of my garments for corps truly struggling to get their kids on the field from year to year. All the best to the Cadets, but I'm not feeling the angst cranked up to 11 yet.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

11 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Fortunately, not everyone has to listen to the court of public opinion. 

Never said otherwise, now did I? 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Never said otherwise, now did I? 

I never said you did, but you seem to want to make a huge point about public opinion. I'm just here to ensure you know it's not that important in this context. Got it? 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Devils advocate here, how do people know whether he knew about GH's crimes (or had serious suspicions/reservations) and never said anything? 

Just when I think DCP might finally be a decent place someone comes along and reminds me it is, in fact, a sewer.

• Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

but you seem to want to make a huge point about public opinion.  

You seem to be mistaken.