Newark, DE DCE

1 Crossmen 70.2

2 Cadets of Bergen Cty. 68.8

3 Boston Crusaders 55.6

4 Dutch Boy 53.1

Division II

1 Cardinals of Scarbor. 51.7

2 Jersey Surf 42.1

I think I might have been the announcer for that one. I remember doing a DCI gig at the UD stadium.

Nice venue, with easy access to I-95.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ykw said:

Rutgers in Piscataway would be another option

From what I recall, YEA ran a show there not too long ago, and the parking situation was a nightmare.  But if that issue could be addressed/fixed, it's a great stadium.

9 hours ago, ykw said:

Nice job, YEA

Why blame YEA... go whine to the stadium people.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Until tonight’s show.

Very good for that young man!

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's not in PA, but Delaware Stadium at UD wouldn't be a bad option. Not as far away from central Philly as Hersheypark and Reading, and they've hosted BOA competitions before.

Also Westchester University...where the Chester show used to be...plus there's always U of P..DCI has had plenty of shows there..

Disappointing situation all around. First, I have no doubt the ground under the grass was way too soggy to begin with. We've had our wettest July on record. Random thoughts . . . .

Damage was also possible by moving pit equipment back and forth. Many pieces rolling over the very same path across the front. No grounds crew wants to see damage there either. Next the size of upcoming props ( Vanguard,Cadets, etc.) sitting outside waiting to enter probably scared the crap out of the stadium crew.

Without seeing the stadium contract, it's possible, YEA will be billed for the damage that was caused.  Would be several thousand dollars for sure.

Grass fields will continue to be problematic and the lack of site options growing. One facility will contact another for reports about these events at those places. Not everyone holds the same interest in drum corps as we do!

• Like 2

Maybe its time to put limits and controls in place on the size and weight of props.  Especially if it is going to start impacting the ability to hold shows at stadiums with grass fields.  I think props have taken on a life of their own over the last couple of years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3