Rome, NY - Thursday, August 1, 2019

Well done Regiment! SUTA

38 minutes ago, DonPRBari said:

Well done Regiment! SUTA

Agreed!

I am born and raised in Rome, NY.  

Forever, the best place for Italian in Rome is The Savoy(#3 3.5stars on Yelp!), been the best since I was a kid. Expensive by Rome standards but will not disappoint, I think it a great value.  Definitely NOT a place for a quick bite before the "Drum Pageant" as we used to call it, you need more time.

Very nearby is a restaurant called Teddy's(#1 4stars on Yelp!), is listed as Italian, it is THE closest restaurant to Rome Free Academy Stadium, just a level 15 minute walk up Linden Street.  Yes, its an Italian place but if you're a local or live in central New York, you know what the term "Fish Fry" means.  I've been there dozens of times when I visit my old home town and for my money, they make one of the best regional Haddock "Fish Frys" on the planet. Many restaurants offer it on Fridays (Catholic customers, you know) but Teddy's has it available every night of the week.  I don't think I've ever gone in there for Italian food.  If you're from out of the area, give a Fish Fry a try, If you do, you'll probably do it again next time.

Edited by paulie1340