Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just now, Zeke said:

I've never seen that balloon thing that  they are showing on the scv highlight on flo..interesting

I know I'd get a dirty look from the caption head after I played a tune on my balloon after it was inflated.

• Haha 1

In high school marching band practice, we had the "hair on your head sticking up" thing happen. A few of us recognized what might be going on, and made ourselves as small as we could. 

To be honest, I don't think there were actually any storms around, but ###### if we were going to chance it.

• Like 3

So to recap so far;

Flo not working. Had to switch browsers from Firefox to Chrome

Missed Music City and half of Genesis

Madison came out powerhouse intro. Show is improved, lines and formations better. Overall problem with show is lack of field coverage and guard is kind of simple show compared to others.

Missed Troopers due to work interruption so can't comment on them.

Waiting for Lightening to pass with one corps before scheduled intermission

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I know I'd get a dirty look from the caption head after I played a tune on my balloon after it was inflated.

Do trombone players have to use those long twisty animal ballons?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I remember doing a show in the Rain at DCI South Birmingham in 1991...that crowd reaction we got was nothing like i've heard from the field perspective before.

I marched at the same event, but in 1982 with the Memphis Blues..  It poured and we didn't get on the field until after midnight.  I couldn't believe that so many people were still in the stands and how enthusiastic they were.  

Edited by bluesman
wording