DCI World Championship Semis - Friday, August 9, 2019

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If he's let go, he could send  his resume to some of the cable news outlets.

When he’s on target, he’s very good, but when he gets a bee in his bonnet.......

When Crown lost to BD in 2015 largely due to percussion, though not entirely, he’s harped about Crown’s challenges with percussion ever since. It actually started back in 2012 though he does consider 2013 to be one of the greatest moments in DCI. Today their percussion is entirely different and those who marched in 2015 have probably aged out.

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree with you, here, but Dan made those comments to members of the corps, not to the fans. I feel Dan used poor judgement last night and should apologize to the Spartans. Them "winning by default" is a horrible thing to say or infer to a corps that actually showed up for Open Class Finals and won the Gold on the field. Yes, SCVC and BDB were not there. Who cares? We miss them, but those organizations did what was best for them and I applaud them for it. But when it comes to competition you only refer to the corps actually competing, not hypothetical scenarios that do not exist. 

I'd like to reiterate that in most other competitive activities, this would be a perfectly normal question for a reporter to ask a competitor.

But Potter's not a reporter. If he were, and the corps / DM agreed to the interview, they'd have been prepared the possibility of a question like this.

1 hour ago, wilme861 said:

To be fair to Spartans, BDB and SCVC were roughly 2-3 pts ahead of Gold most of the season including the last show. Spartans were 3 ahead of Gold last night at Semis so there’s no telling who actually would have won between the three. Sure, most likely BDB ONLY because of past history but this was a very good Spartans group who deserved that title!

This year, BDB and SCVC presumably designed their shows to max out in California. So those particular shows, even with a few more weeks of work, might not have even medaled in Indiana. We just don't know.

2 hours ago, garfield said:

We're going to see him in a few minutes.  I'll ask him if he knows you by your avatar and share your thoughts with him.

Thanks for that.

Curious to know how this turned out.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Warm, sensitive, gracious, and understanding.

All those things not afforded to him in the moment he could've used it most.

So he did know who Poppycock was?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Warm, sensitive, gracious, and understanding.

All those things not afforded to him in the moment he could've used it most.

Dan is a fantastic person and really good for DCI and this activity. And let's face it, all of us have said things we regret. I have done it more times than I can count. It's human nature. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Not saying here.  Staying above the fray.

Ah, well, maybe it's better this way. Life needs some mysteries.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ripchops said:

15 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I'm seeing on Facebook that it's due to brass warning up out of bounds at Military Park. 

Well if that’s actually the case, shouldn’t BD get penalized too? They warm up about a 10 minute walk away from Military Park at IUPUI’s soccer stadium. Not sure how zoning works on that though

All I hear are crickets chirping about this post from last night. Is it mandatory for a corps to warm up at Military Park?... Because Blue Devils brass didn’t apparently. And if not, why then is it mandatory to be contained in a certain area there? A kind word to BAC about moving their brass a bit would have been appreciated rather than taking a picture and reporting the infraction to DCI.

posted from the DrumScorps app